Children of the Damned

(Edited)

Elena

I wake up in Stefan's room, with his arms around me. I move, trying to get comfortable, and I feel him kiss my head.

"Mm, good morning," I say happily.

"I could get used to this." He pulls me closer to him.

"Rise and shine, sleepyheads," Damon says.

"Damon, please!" I yell, at the same time, Stefan yells. "What are you doing?" We quickly turn and cover ourselves with the blanket.

"Oh, stop being so smutty," Damon says teasingly.

"Seriously, get out of here!" Stefan exclaims as he covers me more as I sit up.

"If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it," he says, and I look at him in shock. "Now, listen. We have some very important business to discuss," he tells us.

"And it has to be right now?" I ask him.

"Well, we have lots to do now that we're all friends and working towards a common goal," he answers. Stefan and I glance at each other while he stands up. "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spell. So, first thing first, since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty. And try to get Evelyn to help," he tells me, and I look at him confused.

"Why? And since when am I helping?" I question.

"So it won't take long to look for it. And well, Stefan's helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo..." he answers, trailing off.

"I don't want her getting involved, Damon." I glare at him.

"She won't get involved. She'll just help look for the journal, okay?" He asks, and I nod, hesitantly agreeing.

"You don't have to do anything you don't wanna do," Stefan tells me.

I sigh and nod. "I'll look for it today," I lay back down, covering my face with the blanket.

"Good," Damon says.

"How do we know...that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really gonna take the word of this vampire?" Stefan questioned. "He seemed like a bit of a dimwit."

"In lieu of any other options," Damon says.

"Okay, what exactly is a grimoire, anyway?" I ask, sitting up on my elbows.

"It's a witch's cookbook," Damon answers, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself. So every witch would document their work," Stefan explains.

"Yeah. Cookbook," Damon repeats, smiling and lifting his eyebrow.

"What about our mystery vampire?" Stefan asks. "Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone. So whoever's out there knows who we are," Stefan tells him.

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so..." he starts walking backward, clapping his hands. "Chop-chop," he says before walking to the door. "You know, I really like this whole menage-threesome-team thing," he says, walking backward. "It's got a bit of a kink to it." He chuckles. "Don't screw it up!" he says, leaving the room.

"He does have..." I start, but Stefan puts his finger on his lip, signaling Damon can hear. "Alright, yeah." I nod my head, whispering. Stefan kisses my hand, about to get up.

"Okay," he says, sitting up.

"Oh! No, come here." I grab his shoulder, pull him back, and kiss him.

"We shouldn't–" I cut him off, putting my finger to his lips.