Head Over Heels

Eddie's POV:"Em

Eddie's POV:
"Em. Can you hear me?" My worst nightmare was coming true. Yesterday it happened to Max. Today it was Emmaline. "Em! Snap out of it! Please!" I grabbed her by her shoulders, shaking her. Her eyes were white as she laid next to me. "Please, baby. Please." I whispered. Running footsteps boomed down the hall. Emmaline's bedroom door opened. Alyssa stood there. "Shit." She said. "Help me! I gotta wake her up!" I told her. "Em?" Dustin said in shock. My eyes widened as she slowly started to rise off her bed. Steve stepped in and said "we gotta wake her up! Music! Eddie, what's her favorite song?!" I stared at Emmaline in shock, not being able to speak. "Eddie! Her favorite song!" Steve shook me. "Uh, Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears." Steve nodded and said "ok. Dustin find the vinyl and put it in the player!" Dustin rushed to Emmaline's vinyl collection. I stood up on Emmaline's bed. "Em, please. Don't let him take you!" "What the fuck is going on in here?!" Milo yelled as he walked in. His eyes widened at the sight of Emmaline. "What's wrong with Em?! What's wrong with her eyes?!" Milo jumped up into the bed and started to shake her. I took a step back as Emmaline began to float higher. "Hurry up! Please hurry! Please! Please!" I begged the group. "Put it on!" Lucas yelled. Dustin set the record on the player, spinning it so it would get to the correct song. Curt Smith's voice was warped and garbled as Dustin spun it quickly, stopping when his arm got tired.

I wanted to be with you alone
And talk about the weather

"Right there! Stop!" I said. Alyssa took a breath and said "Em, come back to us! We're here." "I'm here! I'm here, sweetheart. Come back to me. I need you. I-I love you, Em. Please." I said as I tried to pull her back down. Milo had ahold of her wrist, trying to weigh her down. "Emmy, please come back! Please!" He said as tears welled up into his eyes. I swallowed a sob that threatened to leave my throat. "Emmaline, we're here! We're right here! Just come back!" Steve said. Dustin sniffled and said "Emmaline, please!" "Em, you can do it! Run! He's not that strong! You can beat him! You got this!" Max encouraged.

Emmaline's POV:
"It's you and me, Emmaline." Vecna's deep voice said. I scrambled to get away from him, not knowing why I was a target. "Leave me alone." "I could easily snap every bone in your body. You'd be a perfect addition to my collection. The trauma you suffered early in your life. No wonder your boyfriend hated you." I sniffled and continued to run. "Eddie! Steve! Alyssa!" I called out. "Sweetheart, where are you?" Eddie's voice echoed. I stopped running. "Eddie?" "I can't see you. I can only hear you. Where are you?" I tried to follow his voice but it seemed it was coming from every direction. The fog that covered the area made it impossibly hard to see. "I don't know. Find me." I said. I walked forward and saw that I was in my neighborhood. I was on the street I lived on. I found my house, going inside. "Em?" Eddie said. My house creaked and otherworldly sounds came from the backyard. "Eddie?" He didn't respond. I looked around downstairs, peeking in my parent's bedroom, the laundry room, the garage. "Eddie? Please answer me. Are you there?" I asked desperately. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'm here." I froze as I turned around. Eddie stood there except he wasn't Eddie. His skin looked as if it was rotting. His eyes black, void of anything. Blood seemed to cover his body and his joints and bones cracked as he moved. I screamed out in fear as he cornered me in the kitchen. "Don't hurt me!" "It's me, sweetheart. What's wrong?" He smirked. Tears filled my eyes and he took a step closer to me. That was when I heard it. Head Over Heels. "Head Over Heels?" I mumbled. "It's not real." Eddie said with a chuckle. I shoved him out of my way and started making my way upstairs. I was then stopped as I started to float in the air. "You're staying here with me. It's over." Vecna's large hand was brought up to my face. I panted and stared at it in fear. "Em, you can do it! Run! He's not that strong! You can beat him! You got this!" Max's voice said. "M-Max?" I whimpered. Vecna growled and said "I should've killed her when I had the chance. But I won't make that mistake with you." I somehow managed to kick the creature in front of me. He doubled over and I started to run. Glass shards and sharp objects were hurtled towards me. The floor in the hallway seemed to turn into mush. I yelled out in frustration as I desperately tried to get away. "Emmaline, please!" Eddie yelled. I made it to my bedroom and gasped loudly. I fell onto my bed and Eddie caught me. "Jesus Christ!" Eddie said as we fell into my bed. Steve rushed over to make sure I was ok. Eddie held me tightly. I sobbed in his arms and then remembered the trick Vecna played on me. I pushed Eddie away from me and said "no!" Eddie fell off my bed and furrowed his eyebrows. "Em, what..." "He's not real! It's a trick! All of this is a trick!" I said. Milo shook his head and said "no the fuck it's not. You were floating in the air and your eyes were white! You looked like The Evil Dead! It was so scary and I thought I was gonna lose my best friend! I don't even know what's going on!" Eddie stood up and went to approach me and I said "don't." "It's me. You're back. You're ok." He said softly. I shook my head and said "you were...you were..." Steve reached out to touch me and I shoved his hand away. Dustin turned the volume down on my vinyl player. "Babes, you're back. It's ok." Alyssa said. "Hey, look at me." I looked at Eddie. He slowly approached me. "Look at me. It's me, Elionwy. Whatever that asshole did, it's not real. I'm here. I'm right here, princess." I looked at Eddie's eyes. The brown ones I fell in love with stared back at me. "E-Eddie?" I sobbed. He nodded as his lip quivered. "Eddie." "It's me, sweetheart. I promise." I rushed over to him, knocking him down as I hugged him. Eddie fell to the ground with an 'oof' as I threw my arms around him. I started to break down. Eddie's hand went up and down my back. "You're ok, sweetheart. You're ok. I've got you. I've got you." Eddie's voice broke as he spoke. I squeezed him and couldn't stop the tears flowing down my face. "You're ok. You're ok." I cupped Eddie's cheeks to look at him up close. He sniffled and he tried to hold back the sob that made his whole body shake. "I'm sorry." I whispered. Eddie shook his head and said "no, don't do that. Don't do that." "I'm sorry." I cried. Eddie's breath quivered. "Jesus Christ, don't do that. It's not your fault. He put some fucking image in your head." I buried my face into the crook of his neck. I felt another pair of arms go around me and another. Dustin and Steve were currently hugging Eddie and I. "Babes." Alyssa said as she leaned her head on my shoulder. Dustin cried softly and Steve looked at Eddie and I, asking if we were ok. "I will be in a minute." Eddie said. "I was so scared." Eddie kissed my forehead and said "I know, baby." Alyssa, Steve and Dustin pulled away from us. Eddie went to pull away and my arms tightened around his body. I sniffled and tried to hold in the cries that left my lips.

Eddie's POV:
I held onto the girl in my lap for dear life. I looked at everyone in the room. "Do uh, do we uh, does anyone have a spare Walkman?" I asked the group. Dustin wiped his face and said "yeah. I'm pretty sure I do. And I know Em has one. Just have to find it." Max knelt down in front of me and said "Em?" Emmaline looked at Max and she half smiled. "I heard you. It's how I came back. I heard Eddie too." I froze as she said that. Max gave Emmaline a hug and said "I had to get you back. It seems scary in there. Well, it is. But as long as there's music and people who love and care about you, Vecna can't do anything." "You're right. I could hear the song and then you guys. It was so strange." Emmaline looked down at her lap. "I'm so glad you're back, Em. We won't let him get you." Max told her. Emmaline went back to hugging me and I rubbed her back. I looked at the group helplessly. Steve exhaled and said "I'm gonna go downstairs. I'm gonna make Emmaline some tea. I'll make some for you too, Eddie." Steve went to leave and stopped. "What the hell, man?" I looked to the doorway to see Willard standing there. "What the fuck just happened? Why was Emmaline floating? What's going on?" Dustin looked at Willard and Milo. "Guys, come downstairs with me and Steve. We'll explain everything." "I'll come too." Max said. They left the room and Lucas and Alyssa looked at me. Alyssa put her hand on my shoulder and said "get her to calm down a bit. Then join us all downstairs." "Em?" Lucas said. Emmaline looked at him. "I'm really glad you're safe. I won't let him hurt you. Or Max." "Thank you, Lucas. You're so sweet." Lucas gave her a warm smile before leaving with Alyssa and her boyfriend. It was now just Em and I. "Oh shit." I whispered. I reached up to wipe some tears from my eyes. Emmaline curled deeper into me as she adjusted her body. "Hold me." She said. I squeezed her and held her tight. I kissed her forehead and said "you're ok. You're safe. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you." It was quiet between us for a few minutes. The sound of Emmaline's breathing started to lull me to sleep. My eyelids started to droop and the thin line between me being asleep and awake was starting to break. "Eddie?" Emmaline said. I hummed in response. "I kind of want to go downstairs. But I want you to come with me." I nodded and said "ok. We can have that tea Steve made for us." I opened my eyes and looked at Emmaline who was sitting up now. Her arms were still around my neck and she half smiled. I cupped her cheek and said "you ok?" Emmaline nodded and said "yeah. Are you?" I exhaled and said "yeah. I'm gonna find that Walkman for you. And you're gonna listen to Head Over Heels for the rest of your life." Emmaline giggled softly and said "Eddie." "No. I've always declared it. Vecna won't get you if Curt Smith sings to you for the rest of your life." Emmaline kissed my cheek and then my nose. "I love you, Eddie Munson." I felt my cheeks begin to heat up and I looked away from Emmaline. "I love you too, sweetheart." Emmaline got up and went into the bathroom to clean herself up. I sighed and realized that I was going to have to step up in the battle against an inter dimensional monster.

Oh my shit this chapter was different! These next couple of chapters, I'm very excited to write!! I think they're going to be fun to read!
~skylar🖤🦇🖤🦇