The Preparation for Eddie's Campaign

Emmaline's POV:"Dustin!" Eddie's voice screeched

Emmaline's POV:
"Dustin!" Eddie's voice screeched. Dustin jumped and looked up at Eddie. "The deal was you'd come over and not make a bunch of noise while I worked on my campaign. It is in two weeks, you know." Dustin gulped and said "I know. I'm not making a bunch of noise. I'm just talking to Em." "Go talk to Em in the other room." He said through clenched teeth. Dustin sighed and stood up, walking into the living room. "Come on, Em!" Eddie sat at his desk and huffed softly. I put my hands on his shoulders and leaned down to kiss his cheek. Eddie's tense body seemed to relax and I said "you work on your campaign and I'll keep Gurgi occupied." "He already ruined movie night the other night." He mumbled. I kissed his cheek again and said "it's ok, Eds. He loves me and will be more than happy to hang out with me. Maybe I'll take him out to the store to get some snacks." "That'd be even better." I giggled softly and placed myself in Eddie's lap. He sighed and looked at me. "You're distracting me, sweetheart." I pressed my lips to his and Eddie moaned into the kiss. I pulled away, brushing his curls behind his ears. "You work on this monstrous campaign for the boys. And I'll be nearby if you need me." Eddie nodded and gave me a squeeze before he shooed me away. "Thanks, Em." I nodded with a smile and slowly closed Eddie's bedroom door. I walked into the living room with Dustin and said "wanna go grab some food? We can get some snacks." Dustin gasped and said "can we?" "We can." Dustin jumped up and down and said "come on!" I shushed him as the two of us slipped out the trailer door.

-

A shaky breath left my lips as I sat in my bed, tears rolling down my cheeks. School had been getting to me lately. It felt like my world was crashing down. And it had just started to get better. I had Eddie now and my life seemed to change for the better. I reached for my phone and brought it up to my ear. I dialed Eddie's number and it rung a couple of times before it was picked up. "You've reached the Munson household." Eddie said into the phone. I gasped and then started crying. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" I sniffled and said "Eddie, I'm so stressed out. I don't know what to do. Everything is crashing down. I just need someone right now. You seem to be the only good thing in my life right now." "Em, you've always got me. But, you've got your mom and dad. Your brother. Dustin. Milo. I'm sure Alyssa has you whenever you need her." "I can't bother her with this, Eddie. She's going to better places in life while I'm moving backwards. But, I'm so grateful to have you, Eddie. So fucking grateful. Can you please come over?" "I'll be over in ten." I furrowed my eyebrows at his words. "You don't live ten minutes away." "So? I'll be there in ten. I'll drive fast." I went to reply when Eddie hung up the phone. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back on the receiver. I sighed and awaited for my boyfriend to arrive. I rubbed at my eyes and wished I wasn't so stressed out. When I heard clattering outside my window I knew he was there. Eddie stepped into my bedroom and when I saw him, that's when the tears started to flow again. "Baby, what's wrong?" Worry and sadness was written on his face. He sat down on my bed and scooped me up in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried softly. "Talk to me whenever you're ready." I squeezed him and buried my face into his shoulder. Eddie's hand went up and down my back and he rocked me slowly. I seemed to break down even more from the affection I was receiving. Eddie noticed and said "baby." After a few minutes of crying, my cries slowly turned into sniffles. Small hiccups left my lips and Eddie kissed my forehead. "You're ok. I'm here." I whimpered softly and said "Eddie?" "Yeah?" "I've been really stressed out. School has it out for me. And my personal life seems to get the better of me as it always does. I feel so alone sometimes. The only person I can talk to is you. And I usually don't get like this and I've never had school or my personal life get like this. I've never been so stressed out in my life. It's been so hard, Eddie." "Em, you can't just bottle everything up and hope for the best. It helps a lot more when you talk to someone. I promise. I'll always be here for you. You're way better at school than I am. You'll get through it. Don't let your teachers stress you out and shit." "Eddie, they think I'm not good enough. I'm not good enough. For anything. I'm not a good friend. I'm not a good student." "Hold on. Who the fuck said that?" Eddie's voice raised. I shushed him as I didn't want him to wake up my parents. "My teachers pick on me, Eddie. And I just feel like I'm not a good friend." Eddie shook his head and said "Gareth and Jeff think you're the coolest girl ever. Milo adores you. Henderson really adores you. I adore you." He emphasized the last sentence and I swear my heart swelled. More tears filled my eyes and Eddie's face morphed into fear and worry. "You're so sweet to me. I don't deserve you." Eddie clicked his tongue and said "if anybody doesn't deserve anything it's me. You deserve everything, Em." I half smiled at Eddie who kissed my forehead again. He then moved to my cheek and kissed it, then going to my lips. He kissed me sweetly and I cupped his cheek, bringing him closer to me. Eddie deepened the kiss and slowly pulled away. I pecked his plump pink lips as he pressed his forehead to mine. "Emmaline, you deserve every good thing that comes your way. If people say false things about you, fuck them. You don't need them. You've got everyone who cares about you. I'm sure Alyssa wouldn't want to see you like this." I pulled away from Eddie and said "I can't bother her with things like this. I just can't." "Ok. I just want you to know that you're not bothering me. Whenever you need to just talk to me, go ahead. I'll listen and won't say anything if you want me to. But, please don't keep it bottled up. I'm here, Em." I nodded and Eddie kicked off his shoes and got under my comforter and sheet. I quickly laid my head on his chest and Eddie put his arm around me. "I'm here, Em." "I know." Soft thunderclaps entered the air and I looked to the window. "I'm really glad you're here." I whispered. Eddie kissed my head and said "me too." The rain and the sound of Eddie's breathing lulled me to sleep as my stressful thoughts went away.