The Mutilator and The Metalhead

Emmaline's POV:I got in my car and quickly started it up

Emmaline's POV:
I got in my car and quickly started it up. As I drove to my house, I kept thinking about how Eddie didn't let go of my hand when we got to the parking lot. Maybe we were so engrossed with our conversation that we didn't even notice. I pulled into my driveway and went inside. I set my school stuff in my room and put my keys down as well. "Dolly?" Mom called out. "Yeah, it's me mom!" I replied. I came out of my room and she said "you're home early." "I'm going over to Eddie's. We have some more studying to do." I quickly lied even though it wasn't a big deal. My mom looked at me and said "well, that's fine. And I don't care that you're skipping." "How'd you-" "Dolly, it's written all over your face. Have fun and be safe." I nodded with a smile and gave my mom a hug before going to leave. I stopped and said "mom?" She looked up at me and said "yeah?" "If Peter calls or comes here, tell him I'm with Milo or Alyssa." Mom nodded and said "he called when you left for school this morning. Did something happen between you two?" I sighed and said "we broke up. I'll explain it later. I promise." "That's fine. You go and have fun." I gave my mom another smile before going outside. Eddie inhaled on a cigarette as I walked towards his van. "Hey, sweetheart." I waved some of the smoke out of my face and said "hey, metalhead." Eddie gestured to the van and said "get in." I walked around the other side and got in the passenger seat. Eddie then started the drive to his trailer. I liked that he lived on the outskirts of town, away from everyone and everything. Eddie's van came screeching to a halt as he parked the car. The two of us got out and headed into the trailer. Eddie opened the door, gesturing for me to go inside. "Ladies first." He smirked. I rolled my eyes playfully and stepped in. Eddie closed the screen door behind us instead of the actual door. "Eddie?" A male voice called out. "Yeah, it's just me. And Emmaline." An older man came out of one of the bedrooms and Eddie said "uncle Wayne, this is Emmaline. Emmaline, this is my uncle." "Hello." I said, slightly nervous because I was meeting his uncle. I always was super nervous when I'd meet anyone's parent or guardian. Wayne looked at Eddie and then looked at me. "Another girlfriend?" Eddie shook his head and said "no. No. Uhm, Em is my friend. She's the one I picked up from the party the other night. Remember I told you about the basketball players?" I looked at Eddie, shocked he had even mentioned me or the situation to his uncle. "Right. Right. Well, make yourself at home, Emmaline. Any friend of Eddie's is always welcome." I smiled and said "thank you. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Munson." Wayne nodded and said "Eddie, I'll be leaving for work in a few minutes." "Why so early?" Eddie asked. Wayne sighed and said "I have some stuff to do before work. Figure I'd do it all before and then head in. I'll leave some money for dinner. You guys can get whatever. Have a good night, Emmaline." "You too, Mr. Munson." The older man went into his bedroom and Eddie walked into the kitchen. "Want anything to eat? Drink? We can wait for the guys and Rosalie to show up later to get pizza. Or we could get something now?" I followed Eddie into the kitchen and said "what all do you have?" The tall boy sighed and opened up the cabinets. He grimaced as they were empty and looked around. He went to the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs. "Breakfast for lunch?" Eddie suggested. I shrugged and said "I'll cook us some eggs. If you want." "Yeah. That'd be nice." "How do you like your eggs?" "Scrambled." "Me too." Eddie chuckled and said "who knew the freak and the princess were so alike? It's like a goddamn movie playing out." "Shut up. And that's how friends are. They have things in common." I told him. Eddie made a funny face and said "duh, I'm not stupid." "Didn't say you were." I replied as I started to crack the eggs. "I'm heading out." Wayne said from the front door. Eddie waved at his uncle and said "bye, uncle Wayne." "Bye, Mr. Munson." I said. Wayne half smiled and said "keep Eddie out of trouble, will you? You seem like someone who could do that." "Me? Trouble?" Eddie feigned innocence. I bit my lip to keep from laughing and I said "will do, Mr. Munson." Wayne then stepped out. I started to whisk the eggs and grabbed some milk from the fridge. "Bye, Mr. Munson." Eddie mocked in a funny voice. I gasped and said "don't!" I pushed him playfully and he laughed. "You sounded all proper and shit! I'd never heard you talk like that before! Bye, Mr. Munson. I'll keep him out of trouble, Mr. Munson." Eddie continued to mock me. I rolled my eyes and said "stop!" I went to push him again and Eddie was quick to dodge me. I reached for him again, Eddie laughing as I couldn't get him. I followed him to the edge of the kitchen where the tile met the carpet. I tripped on the carpet as I went to push him. Eddie grabbed me and stopped me from face planting. "Be careful, sweetheart." "Sorry." I said softly. Eddie shook his head and said "you're ok." I turned away from him, slowly pulling away. I went back to the stove and cooked us eggs.