Chapter-91- A Fiery and Ferocious Bondita

At around ten or something, we sat in the backyard scrubbing the grease off the vessels. Bondita insisted on washing them all by herself but I was adamant to help her. I copied exactly the way she did and quickly learnt the task.

"I should admit again that women are so great. You work very hard day and night, only after which the family gets to eat something. Without you a man will not be able to live for long. He will starve to death, physically and emotionally.", I genuinely declared, acknowledging the difficulty of the task at hand and how effortlessly ladies do it without complaining. I felt studying and arguing in the courtroom was a hundred times easier than this.

"Man will not even be born if there's no woman.", Bondita rephrased my words. "I wish every man in the world realise this truth like you."

"Our mission is exactly to bring that awareness in people, isn't it? Not only a man realising the value of a woman but humans in general should realise the value of every other life on the planet.", I added; and we agreed to do all that we can to achieve this goal of ours.

"By the way, what do you infer from this whole thing, Bondita?"

"It is an inevitable hard work which we have to do no matter what.", she replied very casually, scrubbing a big vessel by applying as much force as she can with her delicate hands.

"I admit it wholeheartedly. However, currently I am talking about the Tulsipur-Krishnanagar episode", I said, "Do you have any idea of what exactly happened? Why is your thakuma so angry that she doesn't even want me to see you? Why is this curfew and bar on communication? We are not able to telephone anyone in these two villages. Most importantly, what could be the situation in Tulsipur? Your thakuma says that they had insulted you when she went there with our marriage proposal. Everything seems so clumsy and my brain is not getting the answers it needs; except one thing that Chandrachur was the one to send us telegram about Sumati ma's health."

I also added that I was afraid to go to Tulsipur without first getting a glimpse of her.

"Sakha babu, to be honest, even I am not getting any clue about this whole thing. The sudden separation from you came as a shock, taking a toll on my logic. Besides, thakuma overtly refused to answer any of my questions and that Chandrachur didn't let me have a clear dialogue with her. Whenever I insisted on knowing something, they just told that people of Tulsipur had insulted me and so our union will not be possible. It's high time to get to the roots of this whole thing."

"Absolutely", I accorded. "Now that I have met you, I will go to Tulsipur this evening and start digging things out from there. You make sure to take good care of yourself. Only if I am assured of your well-being I will be able to do the other tasks."

"I will.", Bondita sadly replied.

"Sweetheart, it is as well difficult for me to part with you. But how can we unite forever without solving these problems? If we have to take things forward gracefully, then we need to bear this little separation."

Bondita nodded in approval, although none of us were happy. What will happen if I marry her then and there? Who will dare to separate us? Should I take a call to do that? This question suddenly popped up in my head and I began thinking about the repercussions of such actions when we heard thakuma calling Roopa.

I cleaned my hands and went to attend her. Ms. Kalindi Das then expressed a bizarre wish which made me uncomfortable.

"Roopa, did you look at the weather? It is so pleasant and cloudy; indicating the probable occurrence of a heavy downpour."

I nodded with a smile.

"On this pleasant occasion I want to get myself entertained and rid of all the stress I got from the last few days."