Chapter-65: Anirudh Becomes Bondita's Charioteer; Bondita Follows Anirudh

Within no time, Chandrachur appeared before thakuma with the so-called suitor and family, who were warmly greeted by thakuma. Once they were seated and offered hospitality, thakuma invited me to join them while ordering her granddaughters to present Bondita before the guests. I felt the whole process of showing the bride was designed for me. It was indeed my bride who was going to be presented before me all over again.

"This time I will see her wholeheartedly without any hesitation.", I thought and sat with much excitement.

Meanwhile, the priest who came along with the guests asked for Bondita's horoscope to see how it matches with that of the suitor's. Obeying his request, thakuma went inside the prayer room to get it. I smiled internally remembering that Tapur had already replaced the original one with a fake horoscope which was made by our priest. This was one of the favours I asked my kaka for. He convinced our family priest to rewrite Bondita's horoscope according to the matter I have dictated. I was waiting for Tapur to receive this without anyone's notice and everything worked as per my plan.

The horoscope reached the priest before Bondita appeared in front of the crowd. He compared the two horoscopes while calculating something with his fingers and looked agitated as he did so. Taking that as an opportunity, I asked,

"What's bothering you Mr.Priest? It is not something that I feared, is it?"

"Thakuma and the crowd looked perplexed at my question while the priest helplessly answered, "Sir, you are a realised man who is aware of everything. Then, why didn't you inform Ms. Kalindi about the same?"

With much calmness written on my face, I replied, "Dear sir, I have immense respect for your knowledge in astrology. I thought there couldn't be a better person than you to reveal the matter."

"Will someone tell me what's wrong?", asked an anxious thakuma.

Meanwhile Bondita made her entry into the room, diverting my attention. I kept staring at her like I was seeing her for the first time. If I hadn't met her a decade ago in an odd circumstance, this was how our first meeting must have been or I should have seen her directly on the wedding mandap. While I was thinking all of this, the fake mother of the suitor openly expressed her shock over the fact that Bondita's hairline was already filled and her hands were adorned with shaka pola.

"The answer to all your doubts is very simple. I have been married for the last ten years to the eldest son of the zamindars of Tulsipur. My husband, being a man of principles, didn't want to accept a child as his bride. So, he has shown me the path of independence by freeing me from the clutches of child marriage, thereby getting me educated. Although currently we do not share any relationship, technically I am his wife even today, isn't it?

Now a wise woman like you should understand that there are mantras for uniting two people but not for separating. Just because my husband and I felt the need to nullify our marriage, we wouldn't become strangers all of a sudden; what do you say? The promises that we made to each other, the respect and admiration we hold for one another will not vanish just like that. Moreover, I have tattooed our names permanently on my wrist so that no one could separate me from him.

But you don't have to worry about all of this, because, my husband is not interested in me anymore. Hence, I don't really have any objection to proceed with your son and start afresh. I only want to be honest with you regarding everything and that's all.", my girl said with full confidence, surprising everyone.

Even though the lady is not the real mother of the suitor, her regressive thoughts compelled her to think of accusing thakuma for trying to betray them. But before she could hurl abuses at her grandmother, Bondita once again spoke, "Neither my thakuma nor any other member of the family has any involvement in this regard. In fact, my thakuma kept reprimanding me for leaving my husband and seeking another match. She insisted me to go back to my husband whatsoever; but I was adamant on choosing my pride over him. And in order to teach him a good lesson, I have decided to move on in my life."