Chapter-79: Anirudh(Krishna) Enlightens Bondita(Arjuna) About Love

(Hello, this is the longest chapter in this book. Please read it patiently.)

We sat down leaning against the Krishnachura tree after a heartfelt love confession and relieving ourselves from the heaviest load that we had been carrying all through the years. Bondita rested her head peacefully on my shoulder, while I clasped her hand lovingly and closed my eyes taking the moment completely in. The subtle breeze, setting sun and falling flowers added more beauty to the scene, just like how I imagined that afternoon while playing flute.

"Sakha babu", Bondita cooed, "I think we are getting late to rasalila. You are the main actor in the event."

"I don't care as long as my world is with me.", I said, pressing her hand to my chest, "Anyway, this whole thing is planned by Mrs.Kali, just to get the feelings out of your heart. She was the one to come up with the plan of making you jealous." At that point, I remembered something; but before I could put forward my question, Bondita expressed her surprise over Mrs.Kali's indulgence in our love story.

"I have accepted her as my love guru. Ever since she heard our story, she wanted to help us reconcile and unite forever. It was her idea to do all this; otherwise do you think I would dare to flirt with other women?"

"So, Laboni's thakuma served as a catalyst in our love story. Such a sweetheart she is! I am so thankful to her."

"Indeed, we should be." "By the way, sweetheart, tell me why did you feel sad when you know that I was deliberately trying to make you jealous. You should have confronted me instead. By seeing you walking out of the house in defeat, I felt dejected."

"I genuinely felt lost, sakha babu. It is absolutely true that I can read your mind better than anyone. Yet, when I see you with other women, my heart pains, pushing aside all the logic. These two are very different things. I know you so well that I blindly trust your actions and character. At the same time, when you are around other women, I feel like a part of me is going away from me. It is so difficult to see you moving apart.", Bondita shed tears and puffed her cheeks up in agitation.

She further said, "If I didn't trust you, I should have confronted you. But when I clearly know what you were doing, is there any use of fighting? Hence I thought of coming here and console myself. I thought of reasoning out with my mind, analyse the cause of this strange pain and if needed, shed a few drops of tears and lighten the burden. But you didn't let me.."

"I can never let you cry. What is the use of my existence if you cry? Save your tears for my death, Bondita.", I stated in a serious tone.

"Sakha babu", she burst into tears, "When will you stop tormenting me with such nasty statements? Just now you have said you can't let me cry".

"Sorry Bondita, I was just telling you.."

"Enough. You always find some or the other way to trouble me.", saying this, she withdrew herself from my embrace and sat with pumped up cheeks.

"Bondita", I called with a sad pout, "please don't leave me. I am unable to bear this vacuum around me."

"Go and play rasalila with your girlfriends. They will surround you from all directions and you will not feel any gap anywhere around you.", she remarked sarcastically before puffing up her cheeks once again.

"If you inflate your cheeks so cutely like this, I will use my mouth to bring them back to normal instead of fingers. Should I?", I threatened, suppressing a smile under my lips.

She threw an angry glare at me and let out the caged air in her mouth.

"Well, sorry dear. Next time I will not speak such inauspicious things. Still, you should also consider how heartbroken I would be when you prefer to suffer all alone instead of sharing your pain with me."