Unicorns vs Dragons

"Please," I beg, moving in front of Gabe before he gets on his bike. It's Friday, and there's a Pep Rally this morning. I usually sit alone and act like I don't care, but I was in band during middle school—Trombonists are so underrated. I started missing it the past two school years and wished I would've stuck with it. Friday night football games were something our family did regularly when I was a kid. I wanted to be one of the marching band members. But I stopped when Odette teased me that it was nerdy.

All I know is the football team has been doing well, and the school has been pumped while I've sat alone when I want to be shouting, even if I don't care about any of the players. Just the atmosphere is fun and everything I looked forward to when I was younger. These are my last chances to enjoy it.

He snatches the helmet he bought for me from my hands and peers down at me. His long lashes make me wonder if I put mascara on today—I'm so jealous. "You haven't told me why we need to go and can't go in late." He smirks as I try to discreetly stretch my sore thighs. "Something bothering you?"

"Obviously." I exaggerate my movement, bending with a groan to rub a spot that's super close to my vagina. He iced me overnight, but it still hurts. "Let's shove my arm up your vagina, punch your womb over and over, and spread you open and see how you feel. Oh, then wake you up by shaking the shit out of you instead of pretty kisses."

He laughs, squatting to rub for me. "You wanted pretty kisses?" Heat floods my cheeks as he smirks up at me, and I dart my head around to see if anyone is looking. Anna caught me trying to sneak out his window an hour ago because she'd gone outside to take out the trash, the gate on Gabe's side of the house where they store their trash cans. She was not happy. Dad wasn't either when Anna marched me home. Gabe came, too, ready to take my dad's wrath, but Mom covered for me.

She told Dad she encouraged me to sneak over this morning to try and work things out before Gabe could leave. Dad asked Gabe if that were true, to which Gabe stared at my mom. She blushed and shoved Anna and Gabe off our porch, saying we could talk about this later—that she was running late for work. She's off Fridays.

"You're going to get us in trouble," I hiss, pushing his shoulder.

"Getting in trouble over touching you is worth it." He chuckles and leans forward, kissing where he's rubbing—yes, right beside my vagina. "There, a pretty kiss."

"Gabe!"

"We'll take my car," he says, sliding both hands up and down the backs of my legs. "Let me grab my keys, and you can think of what you want to eat and why we have to go to school instead of taking our time."

"Whatever." I cross my arms, trying to act unaffected when he kisses my lower belly and stands.

"I like it when you blush, you know." He chuckles, then jogs to the house, taking the two helmets with him.

"Um, excuse me!" Becca's voice rings out behind me. She's hanging out her passenger window. "What the fuck did I just see that dickwad doing to you?"

My face burns, and I run—hobble—over to her. "What are you doing here?"

"Taking you to school, remember? Why are you walking like you rode a bull all night?" She stares at me for a few seconds, then squeals. "Oh, my gosh! You fucked him!" She yanks the handle to the door and crawls out.

"Becca, what the hell?"

She laughs, scrambling up to embrace me. "Aw, the son becomes the father and the father becomes the son."

"Did you just quote Superman Returns?"

"Yes. I knew we were both movie quote freaks. I caught your Scott Pilgrim that day. But we weren't friends then." She holds me at arm's length and searches my face. "This is a good thing, right? You wanted him back? Wait, no, who the fuck did he have at lunch yesterday? Colette, you can't forgive that, even for some good dick. Make him grovel. Hasn't our smut taught you anything?"