Age Gap Romance

I nod to the officer, but at his cold stare, I turn and follow Mr. Juarez out of the office. It's empty except for the secretary and some students who have a class doing work in the office. Muffled voices sound behind each closed door, though.

"Did I do okay?" I peek to make sure the cop isn't close. Thankfully he goes to the next office.

"If it were only me, yes." He places a hand on my back and guides me to the door that leads to the hall. "But you saw what I did in there."

"He believes Heather." I scowl, peeking down at my clothes. "I was polite, but he looked at me like I'm a thug."

Mr. Juarez chuckles, retracting his hand once we reach the hall, but he doesn't leave my side. "I think he's just had a run-in with Gabe before. Or he likes your boyfriend and is sizing you up."

My jaw drops. "You guys are so alike! And I don't know if we're boyfriend and girlfriend, so hush on that."

"Don't play that game." He narrows his eyes on me like Gabe does. "You know as well as I do that Gabe doesn't look at any other girl the way he looks at you. Just be honest with him. If you don't want him, let him go. If you do, let him know you're his and he's yours. Don't do what these kids do when no one communicates. I swear I want to punch myself with all the dramatics I overhear. Sometimes I want to yell at them, just fucking tell him you like him!"

I cover my mouth, giggling. "You cussed."

He rolls his eyes. "If you're with Gabe, you'll see a side of me that'll make you blush more than you do when he catches you looking at him."

Sighing, I shake my head. "You know his dad even gave me pointers overnight."

"Overnight?" He smirks. "My nephew moves fast."

"Shut up." I cover my mouth and then laugh at his mischievous smile. "Mr. Christos wanted to monitor me. You know, for a possible concussion."

"And that led to my former brother-in-law pointing you in the right direction for his son?"

My face burns. "Well, Gabe and I are adults. He just came in after we had a moment."

"You're adults still in high school," he deadpans, holding my upper arm as we ascend the stairs. I'm glad because I am a bit shaken. "Don't make Samuel a grandpa yet. It'll make me feel old, too."

"Gosh, you guys are unbelievable." I smile, though. I've never thought about conversing with Mr. Juarez, but there's no denying these guys are close. I want to have a good relationship with his family.

"He used to ask me for sex advice." He stops and stares at me—I'm blushing—then laughs. "Oh, you're going to be so much fun."

"Not funny." I smack his stomach with my phone as I read a text from my dad. They arrived at their layover.

"I didn't say I was lying." He smirks but quickly shifts to the professional demeanor I'm used to seeing him exude. He smiles politely at a teacher I don't know. "Morning, Miss Stewart."

She's pretty, in her mid-to-late twenties, curvy, and has a bright smile that makes her olive complexion glow. "Mr. Juarez, it's good to see you." Her eyes fall on me, her smile slipping as she takes in my attire before she smiles brighter and returns her focus to him. "I'll see you after school."

He nods, nudging me because I slow down to be nosy. "Yes, the seminar is still on for four. Have a good day."

"You as well." She peeks at me once more before hurrying off.

I clear my throat the way he did with Gabe and me then make my voice high-pitched, "See you after school, Mr. Juarez. Please don't be mean. I'm a good girl."