22

Third person's POV

Lisa carefully laid Jennie down when she  felt that she was already asleep in her arms, she caressed her cheek while thinking about the reason why they blame her wife for something she had nothing to do with and why Jennie seemed willing to accept the blame. She suddenly remembered Mr. Kang took over Jennie's family company.

She was struggling to think of a way to help her wife when a specific scenario flashed in her mind.

"You trust him that much without even doubting that one day he will betray you?"

Jennie's words a long time ago echoed to her, she remembered how her wife wanted to tell her something at that time but Lisa didn't listen to her nor did I let her speak.

fuck is it possible? oh God no. She mumbled to herself while staring at her wife.

Jennie's POV

I'm pretending to be asleep even though my spirit is wide awake with the guilt I feel.

I thought it would be easy for me to accept everything when this day came but I was in so much pain right now. I thought I already predicted the result of my decision to be painful but I didn't expect you to be this sick.

What I expected happened. Mr. Kang took over the company my father built, to the point that he did that for only two years I know that it will be easy for him to do that in Lisa's company knowing that Lisa trusts him without a doubt.

I'm mad because if Lisa would have let me speak at that time to inform her about the plan of Mr Kang, this would never happen but there is nothing I can do she is so stubborn, I love her as much as I love my children that even though she is hard headed I still  choose to betray my relative for her.

I didn't open the topic about this when we talked about closure because this is not the reason why Lisa and I broke up temporarily  and I don't want her to think that I interfered with her again I'm tired of her accusing me of meddling in her business, but I know that anytime soon she will find out about this and I pray that she will see the sacrifice I made in a positive way.

Flashback

The couple is lying in bed talking about what happened all day and Lisa tells her wife about her problems with the company that pushed Jennie to open up about what she discovered about what was happening in Lisa's company that she was sure Lisa didn't know about.

"Daddy, how much do you trust Mr. Kang?" Lisa frowned at her wife's sudden question.

"Mr. Kang has been an investor of our company for a long time and  because of his loyalty he is now one  with a high position in the company." Lisa responded confidently.

"You trust him that much without even doubting that one day he will betray you?" Jennie was just confused but Lisa interpreted her question differently.

"I will not step into my position now if I am that stupid of what you think love." Lisa insisted on being casual even though she was offended.

"No, that's not what I was thinking, love, because I went to the restaurant with Nayeon, Mr. Kang was also there and.

Jennie was about to explain herself and tell her about her discovery when Lisa suddenly cut her off.

"You know what mylove, when it comes to business I know what I'm doing that's why I'm in my position now, because I know how to read people's behavior and i know who I should trust, so please don't interfere in my business because I know what's happening in my company."

Jennie was hurt by what Lisa said, the reason for her to keep quiet for a while, she didn't have any other bad intentions, she just wanted to say what she heard the investors talk about behind her back, but Lisa didn't let her.

"I just want to help." that Jennie felt bad and Lisa didn't pay attention to it.

"I don't need help when it comes to the company. I don't want to talk about it" Lisa turned her back on her.

"But, I heard Mr. K"

"enough, I don't want to talk about this anymore as i said, don't mind about my business" Lisa cut her off.

"I'm sorry." Jennie whispered softly before she secretly wiped her eyes.

I'm not interfering with her business, I just want to help because I'm her wife. that's what's on Jennie's mind.

She was mad, but because she didn't want to exceed Lisa's patience, she kept quiet. She couldn't sleep because she was so mad, but she was able to think of a solution to stop the bad plans of other investors in Lisa's company.

She loves Lisa , so she thought of sacrificing everything even the company her late father worked for.

A few days after that talk, Jennie tried to open up the topic about Mr. Kang but they always ended up fighting so she stopped.

No matter what she tried to warn her about the greedy people who wanted to bring her down but she couldn't do anything because her wife was so stubborn.

Jennie decided to manage her father's company, Lisa didn't stop her because she knew it wasn't her wife's dream but everything changed.

Jennie did her best and worked hard to take over Lisa's company, not to bring it down, but to entice those investors who plan to steal everything that Lisa has worked for.

She plans to show that her company is better than Lisa's company so that they will think about being interested in her company, she wants Lisa to lose trust in them and after several years of effort she succeeded.

She was able to capture the interest of greedy investors and that she was able to release them from Lisa's company and she will never be guilty of robbing Lisa's investors knowing that their motives are bad.

She knows that she hurt Lisa but she is confident that she can control the situation at that time.

She endured all their fights just to reach her goal, she just thinks that Lisa is so hard headed that doesn't want her to interfere in managing her company, so she finds a way to get rid of those who have bad intentions in taking over the company without her knowing it.

And she succeeded but what she didn't  expect was that the exchange would be to destroy her family.

The time when she thought that everything would be okay because  she already let go of her father's company after the success of her plan that she even thought to make it up to her kids and Lisa , she is so excited to  return everything to the way it was before but that was also the time when Lisa's patience ran out.

Jennie wanted to scold Lisa at that time, she wants all the sacrifices she made to be acknowledged but she doesn't want Lisa to look down on herself.

She knows her wife, she is a nice person but she has too much confidence in herself to the point where she doesn't want to make mistakes when it comes to business and Jennie is afraid that if she finds out about her sacrifice, she will step on Lisa's ego.

End of flashback.