4 flashback

Third person POV

Jennie was so overwhelmed by the good things happening in her career that she doesn't notice that her efforts to attract investment in her company are already having a negative effect on her wife and her family.

Lisa the other hand became so understanding despite the unpleasant things happening between her and Jennie. She didn't complain about Jennie's snitching  her investors, she insisted on being happy for her wife's success even though she was already hurting.

She tolerated all of that but when Jennie lost time for their children, that's when she lost her patience and everything changed.

Jennie has become so busy with her work to the point that her children rarely see her. Lisa tried to talk to her in a calm way because she felt sorry for the kids who always complained that they missed their mother but Jennie had a different interpretation about it.

She thought that Lisa wanted to stop her because she didn't want to overlap her success, so she got mad with her wife. She even accused her of being selfish and that's when their non-stop fighting began, to the point that there was no day that didn't end without yelling happening in their house.

6 years old Lucas POV

I don't know when my sense of feeling developed but I just woke up that I was aware of what happened in our family  that no matter what gaslight dad will use to cover up mommy's lack of time with us, I don't believe it anymore.

I am aware that my parents are not okay. They are not the ones that used to hug and kiss each other all the time.

I love mommy more than I love everyone here in this house and I am the one who is hurt the most because I feel that she has changed.

She suddenly becomes two focused on her work and she doesn't pay attention to us anymore. It's a good thing that Dada is always here with us. I'm happy that even though she has work to do, she doesn't forget to take care of us and give us time.

I feel bad for dada because mom yells at her every time she says that we want to spend time with her. Mom always says she's selfish that she's stopping her from pursuing her dreams and they just end up fighting in front of us.

I'm upset with moms behavior but I don't want to be mad with her because even though she doesn't have time for us anymore, she's still my mommy but I feel sorry for dada.

I was deep in thought when the door opened and mommy walked in. I frowned and looked at the clock because it was very unusual for her to come home early.

"mommy your home." Lian said energetically and ran to mommy, my sister looks so happy, so am i.

mommy welcomed her with a tight hug and I noticed that she was very tired.

"yes sweetheart I'm home, and from now on mommy will be here to spend time with all you, how was it sounds like?" She smiled and my sister jumped around happily.

I don't know if what she said was true or if it was one of her promises that usually don't come true.

She came to me and hugged me tightly. "You don't believe me anymore?" She caressed my cheek.

"I don't know mommy, maybe I just don't want to have hope?" I mumbled.

"I'm sorry honey if mommy always doesn't fulfill my promises to spend time with you, but now I can make sure that all my time is for you and for this family." She looks sincere.

"Don't let the kids hope, it's better to do it instead of just talking." dada suddenly spoke.

I noticed that mommy's expression suddenly changed when she heard what dada said.