³¹, FACING SHADOWS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter thirty-one; Facing Shadows
" I just don't want to hurt you. "

As Rowan lay unconscious beneath the water's surface, time passed slowly

As Rowan lay unconscious beneath the water's surface, time passed slowly. Shadows moved gently in the depths, unaware of the drama unfolding above.

Suddenly, a strong arm reached down, pulling Rowan up to the surface and laying her on the cold sand. She slowly regained consciousness, the sound of waves crashing helping to bring her back to reality.

With a gasp, Rowan's eyes opened, and she found herself on the shore, disoriented and shaken. Memories of the recent danger flooded back to her, and she realized the narrow escape she'd just had.

As Rowan's blurry vision cleared, she found herself staring into Jacob's concerned eyes. He hovered over her, his expression filled with worry, his face too close for comfort.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jacob said, watching her cough up the rest of the water.

"Bella tried to jump." Rowan croaked, "I had to stop her."

As if on cue, Bella came running down the shore, her expression a mix of concern and relief. She hurried over to where Rowan lay, her eyes darting between Rowan and Jacob. Worried lines creased her forehead as she took in the scene before her, clearly anxious to know what had happened.

Rowan slowly sat up, feeling a bit weak. Jacob was sure to grab her by the hand and back, allowing her to be as comfortable as possible. Rowan and Jacob then both turned their attention to Bella.

Jacob's expression was tinged with a hint of frustration, not quite understanding why Bella had put Rowan in such a precarious situation. Rowan, on the other hand, felt a surge of annoyance at Bella's impulsive actions, wondering why she would even consider jumping in the first place.

"What in the world was that, Bella?" Rowan spat, angry at her choice of actions. "Do you have any idea on what happened just now because of you?"

Bella looked down at the sand below her, unable to match their piercing gazes. "I... I see him sometimes... When I do things like that. It's like... he's talking to me, telling me not to do things that give me the rush."

Rowan observed Bella, her brow furrowed with concern. Despite her deep understanding of magic, she recognized that what Bella described didn't align with any known spells or enchantments.

With a gentle yet firm tone, she addressed the lovesick girl, hoping to offer clarity. "Bella, I just want you to know, in case you're thinking it's some kind of magic or spell, it's not. What you're experiencing, it's all in your head. You need to stop putting yourself into dangerous situations just because of something you're seeing in your mind. Victoria is on the loose, and I just saw her. It nearly cost me my life. And I know if Edward was here, he wouldn't be wanting you to do such idiotic things as this! He left you, he's not coming back."