Saksham

When will she start listening to me? Kabhi baat nahi sunte hai! Hadd hoti hai matlab! Why is so keen to become 'Jhansi ki Raani!'

"Hey, you okay? Do you need water?" I ask her as I hold her hand and her shoulder to provide her support. She unhandled herself from me. Yarr, she was just about to faint and fall onto the ground. She wants to fight now!? I get it that I am a jerk and I shouldn't have accused and blamed her! I know that but just put that away for a moment na! "Don't, don't fucking touch me." She says aggressively. I let her go because I don't want her hurt by gripping her hand too hard.

She moves past me and I look back to make sure she can walk. She takes two to three steps and stumbles again. I catch her by her arm. Again. She strengthens herself and stands back on her feet and then looks at me. With anger and pent-up frustration on her face and hurt and despair in her eyes. I can see that I broke her. I fucking broke the person who was trying to help me. I hurt her and now she's doing it to herself.

"Don't touch me." She retaliates but this time I don't let go of her.

"Saksham, let go."

"Nahi, I won't."

"Saksham Verma! You have no right to touch me. Let me go!"

"Nahi jaane dunga, kya kar loge aap?"

I ask her in a rough tone and she starts to struggle to get out of my grip. "Dhanashree, laag jayegi aapko! Maat karo aisa!" With that being said she stops struggling. "Laag jayegi? Already laag gayi hai. Thank you for your concern. It means a lot." She says and a scene of me accusing her flashes before my eyes I loosen my grip on her and I let her go slowly, keeping in mind that she doesn't lose her balance.

"Okay, I will let go but at least have some water. Please." I say and she laughs. "You offering me water instead of offering me the blame? Nice one! Love it!" Sarcasm queen. This ain't gonna be easy. She stumbles again. "Dhanashree please, please baith jao. Can we keep this aside for a moment? Please? You need water and a chocolate. Please." I beg of her but she doesn't move from her stance. Okay, this is how it is.

"Dhanashree, I will start shouting like a boyfriend breaking up with his girlfriend if you don't sit in my vehicle. Right now."

"You cannot do that!"

"You wanna try me? I will count to 3. One...two...thrrrreee-"

"Fine fine fine! Shut the fuck up! What do you want? I am sitting on your vehicle." She accepts the defeat and settles down.

"I don't need anything. You do. I am getting you a bottle of water and a chocolate. Don't move." I say sternly, more like order her. She doesn't say anything back.

"Here, have it. Now." I get it and she does as I say. "Are we feeling better now?" I ask her and she nods her head. Thank God, she's okay. My heart was in my throat the whole time.

"Have you had anything to eat after school?" I ask her. She doesn't answer. "Dhanashree, did you have something?" I ask her again and now in a rough voice. "Uh...Yeah! I did!" She is lying. She isn't a good liar. "Dhanashree, just so you know... you are not a good liar. Now the truth, please." I say and she moves her eyes from the ground to me. She is such a beautiful person. And that nose ring takes my breath away. Always. "Fine, they had food and I didn't. Didn't feel like."

Who is talking about it?

"Hein, who had food?"

"Arey, Appu, Yuvi, and-"

She stops talking. She realized that I was in front of her. She looks down guiltily as if she has done something wrong. There is silence. Dead silence aside from the noise in the background of the vehicles passing by and the horns ringing. "Uhh...I better go." She says and moves past me. I cannot let her go. I need to apologize to her. I think for a second and stop her by holding onto her hand. She turns back, looks at me, and then at my hand which is holding hers by the wrist and then she looks at me again.