Saksham

"You never gave me what you promised to! This is not how a marriage works Nitin! When will you understand that!?" I hear Mom yelling as soon as I enter the house. Papa is frustrated and irritated. I guess, mumma got to know about one of the new affairs. "I never wanted to marry you! It was my father who forced me into this. I never wanted Saksham! You guys forced me into this and now I am stuck because of you and Saksham!  I hear Papa yelling and well this is not new but it hurts when he says that he never wanted Mumma or me in his life. 

Mumma realizes that I am back from school and turns towards me. "Khana khaya beta? Kaisa raha school?" She tries to get off-topic as she wants to protect me. "Nai, mujhe bhoonkh nahi hai. Mein uper jaa raha hun and mujhe 4 baje class hai toh Yuvi mujhe pick up karne aayega." I say with a forced smile and move upstairs. I didn't want to eat because koun hi khaayega iss jhamele mein. I will just Appu to get something for me. 

I lay down and try to sleep as hear my door open but I don't react as I don't want to have any kind of conversation with anyone. "Mera baccha, kabhi kuch nahi khata hai aur complain bhi nahi karta hai. I am sorry beta. I wish I could do more for you. I wish I dared to protect you. I promise I will make it better someday." I already made out that is Mumma and my heart aches when she sounds so helpless. I know that she is trying but it is straining her. I wanted to hug her but I didn't have that much courage. She sat for a while as she ruffled my hair and went to sleep.

"Uthhh! Uth bey! Tuition ke liye late hojayenge!" I hear Yuvi shouting and I realize...Fuck it's 3:50! We have tuition at 4! "Shit!!!! Mein bas kapde change karke aata hun! Can you tell Appu to get something for me to eat?" I ask as I change my clothes. "Already did dude. She is also on her way to the tuition. Jaldi kar beyyy!" Yuvi exclaims and both of us hurry to the tuition, just to make it in time. Appu saved us seats. I know it might sound so unrealistic that three best friends go to the same school and have the same tuition. But it is true. My father never cared that much to enroll me into a good institution, he just gave me money. Renu Aunty did care enough to put me in the tuitions where Yuvi and Appu went. Renu Aunty is Appu's mom. Karishma Aunty and Renu Aunty are good to me. Both of them know the fuck all happening in my house and they support me unconditionally. Even both of their fathers know it. 

---------------------------------------------------------

The classes get over and we head outside, I feel dizzy as I haven't eaten in the last 7 to 8 hours. "Yeh le, Mumma ne teri favorite kofta ki curry aur roti bhejvayi hai." Appu hands me the tiffin box as she notices that I feel dizzy. "Aur haan yeh bhi...mumma ne there liy choco shake bhejvaya hai!" Yuvi adds on and my face lightens up. "Aunty ne chocolate shake banaya? Thanksss yar! I love Karishhma Aunty and Renu Aunty too! Dhanyavaad boldena meri taraf se." I say and proceed to eat. "Tu khud hi boldena waise bhi tu mere ghar aa raha hai. Mumma ne khaas bola hai ke tujhe like jaana hai as aaj aloo ki jeere waali sabji aur roti hai. Yuvraj tu bhi aa ajana. Mumma ne already Aunty se baat karli hai." Appu says and we nod yes. 

We go to Appu's house and Aunty is sitting in the hall watching some Marvel movie. Renu Aunty is a badass. "Aagaye tum sabh? Kaise ho Saksham beta? Kofta accha laga?" She asks me and go and lay on her lap while Appu and Yuvi give me a side-eye. "Auntyyyyy! Mast thi! Maaja aagaya!" I say and she laughs. "Aap toh mujhe bhaav hi maat do!" Yuvraj says as he sulks. "Arey beta aisa kuch nahi hai. Come here." She says and Yuvi also comes and hugs her. "Bas meko paraya kardo aap log!" Appu says. "Tu toh ghar pe hi hoti hai naaaa...Mere do bacche kahan mujhe harooz milte hai?" Aunty says and we all laugh and Appu sulks. "Aajaaaaaa! Kahan jaa rahi hai?" I say as I get up and pull her into Aunty's lap.  

--------------------------------------------------------

Another day another jhamelaaaa. I say to myself as I go downstairs after getting ready for school. But there's a twist. Iss baar Dev Chachu & Akansha Chachi vs. Mumma & Papa. "Kuch khaya? Mein kuch bana dun?" Mumma asks me and I nod no as I don't want to bother her. I take out my vehicle and go off to school.