Dhanshree

"Ahana, do you know of any of Saksham's exes?" I ask Ahana because she is always updated with gossip and news in the Amrit Jain School. She is like a walking newsletter with puns and unnecessary jokes. "Uh... why do you ask?" She questions. Fuck, I didn't think this through and aab I will have to tell her. Let me try to dodge it, if it works...

"No reason! Aise hi." I say and she gives me a look. "Dhanashree ji, You know na that you are not interested in what other people do until and unless it concerns you. So, please don't make me force it out of you. Spill it." She says with a hint of excitement. Also, as expected! It didn't work. I haven't told either of them regarding the recent encounters with Saksham. "Fine! Call up Kanishka and ask her ke who kahan take pohunchi. Saath mein hi batati hun." I say and she nods with a suspicious smile.

Kannu arrives in no time and we head to the kitchen to make some maggie as Ahana is home alone and we were planning to do our little trauma session soon. Ahana called me up in the afternoon around 3 pm asking if I was free and yes I was. Surprisingly, Kanishka's classes were also canceled and it worked out. "Aab toh baatttttaaa!!" Ahana exclaims and Kanishka looks at me with confusion. "Haan haan but isko backstory toh de. Baatati hun, tab take I will prepare the cold coffee." I tell Ahana and she does as I say.

"Dude! Why are you interested in Saksham?" Kanishka exclaims and Ahana laughs. "I am not interested waala interested. Just digging around." I say and both of them are not convinced. "Fine, basically, we had some deep conversations and interaction..." I say hesitantly and both come and sit on the kitchen counter where I am boiling Maggie. "Interaction and conversation?" Kanishka gives me a side-eye. "Yeah... I told him things regarding Himanshu, and he learned about my mom. It was not intentional but yeah. I might have overshared and I might have said that he should also sometime talk to me." I finish and both of them are in disbelief. Well... I get it. Even I am. 

"So, you are saying that you, Ms. Dhanashree Gohil, who didn't even open up to us until this year told him the two most traumatizing things in your life?" Ahana asks and I nod. "Okay, this is a lot. How did it start anyway?" Kanishka asks. "Do you guys remember when Saksham said that he and I were already friends?" I say and they nod. "We weren't, it's just that I helped him with some medical condition in the infirmary and well I wanted to comfort him as he seemed quite out of place. I told him about my various issues to make him feel that it's okay to have some fucked up issues." I continue as I stir the maggie and put masala in it. 

"So, you just told him as if it was a normal thing?" Kanishka asks and I nod in return. "It just kinda happened. It was not intentional. I never wanted something like this to happen. Bas hogaya yarr!" I say and both of them look at each other and start laughing. What? I thought I was gonna get a good lecture regarding the same. They hate men. HATE MEN. Why the fuck are they laughing. 

"What is happening?" I ask and both of them laugh even harder. I wait for them to stop and explain it to me. "We made a bet. I told Kanishka that you were going to talk about Saksham today and she was like ke I think it might be regarding the upcoming exams." Great, just great! They knew. 

"How did you guys...? 

"Dhanashree, beta, you know na that he is the first person you are interested in after the blunder with, you know." She says and Kanishka agrees as she tries to steal my cold coffee and I take it away from her. "Mumma, you know na that we might be dumb with no brains but we aren't that stupid!" Kanishka says and I smile. They are not dumb. I need to be careful. Bacche bade hogaye hai mere. "So, my so-called advisors, do you think it's okay to be friends with him?" I ask and they look at each and give me a look of approval. 

"I think it's personally good for you to be friends with him. You have been different in a good way since you started talking to him. I am glad about it. Just don't go too deep that it's difficult to get yourself out. Okay?" Ahana says and I salute her while she laughs.