Epilogue

FIVE YEARS LATER...

ARNAUD

"Cel, please tell me already."

"No." She whined. "Have patience."

She came into our room earlier, blindfolded me and told me that she had a surprise for me.

Holding both my hands, she dragged me downstairs. If I wanted to, I could have easily broken free of her hold and removed my blindfold but if my wife wants to surprise me, then so be it.

I made a cognitive map of our house, guessing where she was taking me.

A moment later, she hesitantly left my hands and I heard a door opening and cool air hit my face meaning we were outside.

"Okay, we are here." She murmured, sounding slightly nervous.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. You can remove your blindfold now."

I quickly undid the blindfold, letting it fall to the ground and I was mesmerized by the sight in front of me.

A brand new sports car stood in our driveway, a car that I never saw before. When I took in the logo, the letter C with angel wings, I knew it was my wife's creation.

Celestine started her own sport car company with her father, uncles and me investing in it since we knew she had the potential for it.

She never showed me her car design and even told me it would take another month for it to be finalized but I guess that was a lie.

"Holy shit." I whispered.

Cel watched me expectantly. "Do you like it? It's for you."

"Like it? I fucking love it. It looks so freaking...amazing. I don't have words honestly."

She sighed in relief and I pulled her close, kissing her. "I am so proud of you, Cel."

She smiled, snuggling against me. "You better drive it everyday and praise me every time."

I chuckled. "Of course I will." I kissed the top of her head.

Keeping her by my side, I moved closer to the car, watching it in fascination.

"Look inside", she murmured.

She stepped aside as I pulled open the door and found a rectangle box lying on the driver seat.

"What's this?" I asked, picking it up.

She smiled nervously, shrugging.

I opened the box, my hands freezing when I found a positive pregnancy test inside.

When I remained unmoving, Cel placed her hand on my bicep. "Say something..."

"This...this is not a joke, right?"

She shook her head instantly. "No. Why would I joke about this?"

She continued to say, "I have everything I ever wanted in life, Arnaud. You, my company and now I just want to start a family with you. I always wanted a baby once I was settled and what better time for it?"

Unfiltered happiness coursed through me and placing the box away, I crushed my mouth on hers.

"Does this mean you want this baby?" She spoke into the kiss.

"A hundred times yes." I repeated her words from the time when I proposed to her.

She chuckled, hugging me tightly. "I was kinda scared about your reaction...but I guess that was stupid of me."

"How many weeks?" Wrapping my arms around her, I swayed us side to side.

"Five. I found out a few days back and it was hard to keep it to myself so I blurted it to Mom and Dad happened to overhear it and then Ada and Kian got to know too and..." She sighed. "Well, everyone knew about it except you until now."

That explains why Silvio and the others were sort of watching me weirdly yesterday.

I placed my palm against her belly, excited to know that our baby was growing inside her.

I dropped down to my knees, placing a kiss on her belly, whispering, "I love you."

She smiled down at me, running her fingers through my hair. "I love you too."

"I wasn't saying that to you." I teased.

Her smile fell and she glared at me.

Keeping our eyes locked, I kissed her belly again, chuckling as she continued to glare at me.

She tried pushing me away but I held her tightly, getting up.

"No need to get so worked up, angel." I pressed our foreheads together. "You know I love you."

She rolled her eyes. "You are an asshole."

I brushed my lips against hers, keeping my palm against her belly. "I love you, wife. I love you both."

She melted, kissing me back. "You better or I will castrate you in your sleep."

I bit her lip. "Mhmm, best wife ever."

We spent the evening, testing out my new car, going for a long drive.

With my best friend as my wife and our baby which would be here in a few months, life was fucking perfect.

The End.

Writing this book was quite fun since I got to write about the Ludovica characters that I love a lot.

If it was up to me, I would stop everything and start with Kian's book but that's not possible so the next book is Armano and Alamea's. Frenemies with benefits with a reverse grumpy × sunshine.
This frenemies with benefits trope is a new one for me and hopefully I won't fuck it up.
And oh, did I mention that Armano is a biker?

Will you see you all there! Thank you for supporting and loving this book ❤️

~Ahlam