Thirteen | Wedding

ARNAUD

My angel was getting married.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Luther didn't deserve her one bit.

"You are going to wear out your shoes if you don't stop pacing around," Cyrus said pointedly.

I came to a stop, glancing at Marcelo who sat on the couch, scrutinizing my face as if he could read my every thought.

Before I could ask him what it was, we heard the rush of footsteps on the stairs as Ada came down followed by Alamea and Lenore.

They all were dressed in their respective gowns and Ada came over to me, wiggling her eyebrows. "You are going to lose your mind", she whispered to me before leaving out to the car that was waiting for them.

Lose my mind? Why would--

My mouth dried, lips parting as Celestine stepped onto the stairs' landing that separated the two wings.

Her wedding gown was as simple as it could be, with full sleeves, and a square neckline and it clung to her body perfectly. Her hair was put up into a bun with two strands of it falling over her face.

I blinked slowly, forcing myself to swallow. She looked like the angel she was. My angel.

Marcelo shot me a suspicious look before going to her, smiling at her proudly and patting her head.

Cyrus did the same and then she was making her way to me.

Standing before me, she snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Hey, you. Close your mouth."

My cheeks warmed and I cleared my throat, my eyes sweeping over her once again. "Why are you so dressed up?"

"Because it's my wedding...?"

"Fake wedding." I reminded her.

"That doesn't mean I won't put any effort in my look. I have a reputation to maintain after all."

I didn't get the chance to answer as she ran her hand over her dress. "Do I still look like every man's dream?"

"You always do, angel."

.
.
.

Standing at the altar, Luther looked bored as fuck.

The wedding ceremony was intimate, consisting of Celestine's parents, siblings, Uncles/Aunts and cousins.

From Luther's side, there were a few men and his father who sat in a wheelchair looking pale yet sort of happy to see his son getting married.

I felt a little bad for him.

I stood beside the altar, searching the room for any threat and waiting for Celestine to enter.

The music started to play and I straightened up, the door was opened and then Celestine walked in with Silvio by her side.

She played her part well, looking a little nervous yet kinda happy at the same time as she made doe-y eyes at Luther.

That better be just for show.

Her eyes flickered to mine but I didn't show any sign of recognising her and thankfully, she averted them soon.

Luther looked impatient, checking his wristwatch twice during the time she took to reach the altar.

Silvio didn't bother giving her hand to Luther, he simply gazed at her softly and kissed the top of her head before stepping away.

Luther made no effort to hold her hand and help her up, instead, I saw him subtly rolling his eyes, mumbling something.