Twelve | I Can Do This

Good amount of comments means I will update quickly. When there are hardly any comments I get very disappointed hence don't feel like updating.

_________________

CELESTINE

"Are you sure about this?" Mom looked worried as I brushed my hair.

I nodded. "Yes, and I can't back out at the last moment."

"You can change your mind. Everyone will understand."

I checked my appearance in the mirror. My outfit consisted of a light green colour dress with thin straps and a layered skirt that stopped a few inches over my knees. The colour of the dress matched my eyes.

"I won't change my mind." I applied another layer of nude lipstick. "I can do this."

Mom sighed. "I know but I am just worried...I don't want you to get hurt."

Finally ready, I put down my lipstick and turned to Mom, pulling her into a hug. "I won't. Promise. Arnaud will be there with me, if you can't trust me then trust him."

"I trust you, Cel. I trust you both."

I smiled at her as we parted. "Then don't worry anymore, okay?"

She nodded hesitantly.

Someone knocked on my door. "Are you ready?" Arnaud's voice came in. "He's here."

"Yeah."

Mom left the room while I wore my heels and I heard her talking with Arnaud before she went downstairs.

I checked my appearance one last time before walking out.

Arnaud was dressed in his usual black suit but his face was devoid of any emotions as he stared blankly ahead.

He turned to me as I closed the door and I smiled at him, doing a twirl. "So, how do I look?"

There was a tick in his jaw as his eyes lingered on my face before moving down slowly.

As our gazes locked, I found his much intense and he murmured in a slightly hoarse voice, "Like every man's dream."

I swallowed hard and for some reason, I asked in a whisper, "Even yours?"

The look in his eyes intensified and he walked closer to me with determined steps until our chests brushed together. His eyes flickered down to my lips making my breath hitch.

And when our eyes met, I had every intention of ruining our friendship just for a taste of his lips.

"Are you trying to flirt with me, angel?" He rasped.

"N-no...?"

The corner of his lips tugged up into a small smirk.

"Arnaud--"

"It's Artemis from now on." Uncle Cyrus cut me off sternly. "Come down now, Celestine."

Shit. I jumped away from Arnaud and pretended to fix my hair, sneaking a glance at Uncle who regarded Arnaud with a stern look.

I was so lost in the moment that I didn't even hear him approach and by the look on his face, he was not pleased with how he found us.

Thank God, it wasn't Dad or Uncle Marcelo.