Fourteen | Disrespect

CELESTINE

A WEEK LATER...

It was weird to think that I have been married for a week now.

Luther officially qualifies as the worst husband to exist as he didn't even bother checking on me once in the past week.

I remember Arnaud mentioning that might be gay and that's alright but that doesn't mean he will treat me like shit.

But it's for the best. I don't want him to be interested in me because sleeping with him is the last thing I want.

I shuddered in disgust at the thought of consummating my marriage with him.

He is handsome but an asshole.

I wanted to beat him up so bad when he held me so roughly at the wedding but then I thought of not making a scene.

If not for Arnaud...

My thoughts shifted to my best friend, a smile forming on my face.

No one hurts my angel.

I blushed remembering his words. He is protective over me and I secretly enjoy the sense of safety he provides me with.

Gosh, he is a total husband material.

With him on my mind, I made my way into the kitchen, my steps halting when I noticed the scene in front of me.

The chef of the house is a girl in her late twenties, with big boobs and whatnot, looking straight out of a porno (no judgement whatsoever), I mean good for her.

But I didn't like the way she was eyeing up Arnaud as if she wanted to eat him for lunch.

No fucking way.

She stood way too close to him and pointed at the cabinets built in the walls above the countertop, asking Arnaud to grab something since she wasn't tall enough to reach it.

Arnaud being the gentleman he was, nodded and reached for the cabinet, his t-shirt riding up with the movement, giving a flash of his v-line and her eyes dropped down to it.

She has no right to lust after him, he is my best friend.

I stalked towards them with determined steps and barged between them, surprising them both as she stepped away to give me space.

I planted a saccharine smile on my face, leaning my back against the countertop and addressing her, "Is lunch ready?"

"Here", Arnaud mumbled, placing a big bowl on the countertop.

Ignoring me, she batted her eyelashes at him. "Thank you so much, Artemis."

Arnaud didn't acknowledge her gratitude instead regarded her with a blank look. "Celestine asked if the lunch was ready."

"Oh..." She glanced at me. "Um...yeah...it will be in a few minutes."

"Please hurry up, I am hungry."

She nodded and threw another appreciative glance at Arnaud before moving to the stove where a pot was boiling.

Cursing at her back, I shot a glare at Arnaud and gestured for him to follow me.