Four | A Pretty Angel

Did everyone get the notifications now?
______________

CELESTINE

TWO MONTHS LATER...

I know what I am going to do when I grow up.

Ever since that day, I have been obsessed with cars and now I want to design one of my own and bring it to life.

I am going to start my own car company.

I told Mom I wanted to take drawing classes to make myself better so now every Sunday Miss Luise comes to teach me.

"Uncle." I tugged at Uncle Ezekiel's arm. "Uncle."

Aunty Chiara and him were cuddling together on the couch and he glanced at me. "Yes, Celestine?"

I shifted closer to him on the couch, thankfully Zaire and Zayden were playing with the others.

"I want to ask you something."

"Yes?"

Aunty looked at me too, listening to our conversation. "No, this is between us, don't listen."

They both shared an amused look before Aunty said, "Okay, okay, I won't listen."

She pressed her face into Uncle's chest, mumbling, "I'm sleeping, see."

I groaned. "You can't fool me like that."

She chuckled loudly and pushed away, finally getting up. "Fine, have your secret talk."

She kissed Uncle's cheeks before leaving.

Once she left, I asked him, "If in the future I start my company, will you invest in it?"

"Oh? What company will you start?"

"I will create my car. Everyone will buy it and then I'll be very rich."

He chuckled. "That sounds good."

"So, will you invest in it?"

"If I find it good enough then I surely will."

"Will you help me with it?"

"There are still many years left before you do that but when the time comes, of course I will."

"Thank you!" I gave him a quick hug.

"Does that make me the best uncle?"

"Um...sorry to break your heart but no. Uncle Marcelo is the best but if you invest in my company, I might consider it."

"Ouch." He placed his palm over his heart. "So you are only using me?"

"Aww...don't be sad...I do love you but if you work on it then maybe you can be better. Okay, bye now."

.
.
.

"If you keep doing everything then what's the point?" I complained. "I want to make these on my own."

Mom sighed. "I am just trying to help you."

"I am a big girl now, I can do it."

I continued to make a small ball out of the chocolate chip cookie dough which is Dad's favourite.

Kian was strapped to Mom's chest and he watched me work while Ada and Armano sat at the kitchen island playing with their toys.

Mom left me alone and sat down next to them.

Uncle Marcelo and Aunty Orla were out on a date and so was Uncle Cyrus with Aunt Ayame leaving Alamea with us whom Dad was currently looking after.

As if I summoned her, Alamea's cries reached our ears and a moment later Arnaud entered the kitchen looking panicked as he held Alamea in his arms who was crying loudly.