Twenty-Six | Talk

ARNAUD

"I'm bored." I threw my dagger away, staring our prisoner into the eyes.

Having enemies is nothing new. This man made a mistake of ambushing me and even managed to hurt me a bit, I'll give him that.

His whole body was covered in blood as he refused to give us information.

He doesn't poses much threat to us but I had to spend my time somehow without losing my mind over Celestine.

I walked over to the table, contemplating which torture tool to select next when my phone started to ring somewhere in the room.

Rupert--one of my most trusted men--spoke from behind me, "Sir. Your phone."

"Who is it?"

"It says...Angel. I am assuming that's Celestine."

My heart skipped a beat at her name and immediately left the tools and walked over to him and grabbed the phone from him, not caring about my bloody hands.

It was around eleven at night, she should be sleeping.

I picked up the call, pressing the phone to my ear. "Cel?"

"Hubby!" Came her overly cheerful voice. "I missed you!"

Why is she--

"Celestine, are you drunk?"

"Nope", she said popping the 'p'.

"Where are you?"

She giggled. "Why should I tell you that? You left me, didn't you?"

"I did not leave you."

"You did!"

"Okay, we are not having this conversation over a call. Tell me you are at home--"

"Nooo...I am at a...club." She giggled mischievously.

"Are you wasted at a club all alone?" I sighed, already making my way out of the room.

"Alone? No..."

"Who's there with you?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Cel, don't fucking test my patience right now. Answer me."

"You are so rude."

"I don't care. You stay where you are and don't dare to drink anymore."

I put the phone on speakerphone and opened the tracking app to track her location. And no, I don't stalk her all the time, it's for situations like these.

She was twenty minutes away.

"But there's this nice man who is buying me drinks."

"Who is this nice man exactly?" I gritted out as I got into my car.

"I don't know..." Her voice sounded distant for a moment as she said something like, "What was your name again?"

She whispered to me, "It's a very difficult name. Let's stick to calling him a nice man."

"Tell that nice man to get the fuck away from you before I kill him, yeah?" I spoke as calmly as possible.

"Uh-oh, someone's gangster side is showing."

"Cel." I warned. "Give him the phone. Let me talk to him."

"Sorry, I refuse. Okay, byeee!"

I cursed at the phone as she hung up the call.

Drunk Celestine is very dangerous. She does what she feels like and if someone is not there to look after her, she can even put herself into dangerous situations.