Six | Marry Me

Consider this as the midnight update. I'm off to sleep.
____________

CELESTINE
(Age Thirteen)

My classmate/a sort of a friend, Sophia walked with me as we stepped out of the school.

I had to explain to her the assignment that she missed yesterday and I was done doing that when her eyes shifted away from me, widening slightly. "Holy shit, he is hot."

I followed her line of vision to the man leaning against his Aston Martin, dressed in an all-black suit. Arnaud.

He was busy going through his phone, a subtle scowl on his face. In the last few years, he had grown stronger and muscled. His once clean-shaven face was covered with neatly trimmed stubble which made him look mature.

And he is mature and even more responsible ever since he became the head.

But he is still my best friend. My Arnaud.

So, I didn't like how Sophia's eyes appreciately roamed his body making my jaw clench.

"Look away." I gritted out.

She turned to me. "What?"

"Don't look at him."

"Why not? He is hot, can't you see that?"

"He is but he is my best friend so you don't get to ogle at him."

Arnaud's head lifted up, eyes roaming around until they landed on me, lips tipping up into a smile.

Sophia stared at me as if I had lost my mind but I didn't care, leaving her, I walked in Arnaud's direction.

Firstly he took off my bag from my shoulder, placing it in the backseat.

"Why are you picking me up today?"

He shrugged. "I was on my way to your home and passing by your school so I thought why not."

"Oh, that's good."

He opened the door for me and I slid inside the passenger seat and he rounded the car before getting behind the wheel. "Was that your friend back there?"

My mood dampened. "Uh-huh. My classmate, not a friend anymore."

"Any more?"

"She was ogling you like a pervert."

He kept his eyes on the road, eyebrows shooting up, lips twitching with amusement. "What?"

"She called you hot," I grumbled.

"Oh?" He chuckled loudly.

"It's not funny!"

"It is, you sound so jealous."

"I am not jealous!"

"Mhmm."

I glared at him but he kept smiling.

Huffing, I stared out of the window.

After a moment of silence, he inquired, "What about you? Are you staying away from the boys?"

"Why would I stay away from boys?"

"Because boys are stupid."

"All boys?"