Chapter 62 - Hoshimiya

Start from the beginning

Father, Mother, and sister were all afraid of how I obtained such unfathomable power and thereafter alienated me.

Not much was to be reminisced with regard to what they had said subsequently. In spite of being able to recall the scene as vividly as it had occurred, only fragmented words came and disappeared.

"Monster", "Ah, what did you do", "Don't kill us", "Get out", "You're...not our family".

Evidently, perhaps the brain had judged that my heart would be unable to bear the burden of all those memories, so they were specifically frayed and tattered in this manner.

Even so, I could clearly remember the painful knot in my chest at that time.

Uncomfortable, sad, painful, and lonely, these feelings spun around constantly in my head. And so, I went to Father, Mother, and sister, using Michael to lock each and every single memory of myself.

Because it seemed as though something would have happened if those words had plagued me any longer.

And thus, I was alone again.

Though it was by no means the same. I returned to loneliness after having experienced the warmth of a family. It cruelly mirrored starving a man who had known satisfaction all too well.

In retrospect, I likely possessed no qualifications to ever love something in the first place.
Being born without love, I failed to notice how its shape had contorted.

If you love, you must also be loved.

If you love, you must look within solely yourself.

Therefore, Mukuro closed the lock.

To my memories.

To my heart.

In order not to recall the warmth of a family after having felt it once.

--In order to never love something again.

"Ah--"

In front of the door opened in space, Shidou let out a small voice that sounded unusual for someone who just had Michael stabbed in his shoulder.

Remarkably, it was not that painful. Rather, via Michael, the memory of a girl came flowing into him.

It was the dream that Shidou had been watching for the last few days.

And--it was probably the memories that Mukuro had sealed.

Thinking about it, Shidou had only dreamed that after he had used his pseudo-Michael to open the lock on Mukuro's heart in outer space.

Although he was oblivious to its specific principles, but perhaps at that time, the seal locking Mukuro's memories collapsed, allowing her recollections to be relayed through Michael and into Shidou.

Then, again by means of Michael, the memory was shared between the two of them.

"Mukuro...... you're, no, you too are--"

Shidou imparted a small voice while trembling and reaching out to Mukuro.

But at the next moment.

"Ah, gah......!?" Shidou now perceived severe pain in the region where Michael had struck. From his shoulder down to his wrist, everything had snapped and ricocheted like a bullet.

"Ou... ugh, gaaaaaaaah??"

As a result of the pain from the shock, Shidou gave out a scream as if his throat had been crushed.

It was a completely distinct feeling in comparison to having his hand cut off. His shoulder disappeared as though denying it had ever been there. What remained of his wrist fell to the ground over a large pool of blood.