𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 - 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠.

{Nova's POV} {Sunday}

"Jade <3 Is Calling."

My hand stays on his; catching the dripping blood. Our eyes unlock as he glances at my phone. He looks disgusted; amused almost. I lift an eyebrow at him confused as to why he looks like that. He just shakes his head and laughs a little.

"Seems to be going well yeah?" He says in a playful tone. Although he seemed happy for me, I caught that distraught look on his face. I shake it off and turn my phone over; screen down. I wrapped his hands to the best of my ability and gave him some pain medicine.

"Well, I did what I could but it's definitely going to need stitching..." I say while looking at his hands. The blood flow has stopped nearly completely. The wounds were vicious, if he didn't get help as fast as he did, it would for sure be infected.

"Yeah, yeah my hand or whatever. So, you and Jade? How's that going hm?" Oh my gosh. I do not want to talk about my love life with my brother, this is so embarrassing. There isn't much to talk about... yet.

"Uhm It's... going... I really like her, but my stomach gets a weird vibe from her, I can't tell if it's butterflies or my gut instinct." I say while laughing. David doesn't smile though; his eyes get big, and he does his nervous laugh.. He looks back at me and shakes his head; almost asking me to forget about his reaction.

"Oh yeah? I'm sure it's just butterflies. Y'all seem like a good fit. Just be careful, people in Tokyo aren't the most trust-worthy." He says in a cautious tone. Although he usually feeds me bullshit and he lies a lot, I believe him this time. I just got here, and people already seem shady to me. I really want this to work out and I sure as hell want this date on Friday to go well.

"I sure hope so, we have a date on Friday so... I don't know, I hope it goes well." His smile fades as I grow concerned at his reaction.

"This Friday...?" He looks confused. His face makes me just as confused.

"Uhm yes...?" Why does he seem so confused? Maybe because I just got here, and I already have a date.

"There's a pretty big event this Friday, did she tell you?" He must know about the race; this event must be huge in Tokyo if even my lowlife brother knows about this.

"Yeah actually, that's where our date is.... She wants to bring me as her plus one, apparently she's a racer for the event." He grew pale; ghostly white almost. His hands begin to shake as he can barely get a response out.

"You're not going. You're staying home." He looks furious. Like I did something I wasn't supposed to.

"Like hell I'm not?! I love cars and racing, you know that. I know you're my brother but for now, you haven't been my brother in over ten years. You can't just make choices and decisions for me." He must be out of his mind if he thinks I'm not going.

"Whatever Nova." He says while walking out and slamming the door behind him. I lean over the sink; frustrated at his response. Why doesn't he want me to go? Why did he seem so mad? What the fuck is happening, I've only been here for like a day and it's already a shit show. Whatever, I need to go to sleep.