𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 - 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐭 𝟖

{Nova's POV} {Sunday}

After the most flirtatious yet awkward interaction I think I've ever had, I finally was able to head home and get back to my bed. My headache was finally gone yet I felt nauseous still; why am I still feeling sick..? I think my body was telling me never to be bold ever again. I don't know why I called her love, heat of the moment. I think I got too carried away. Plus, a date?? So soon yet I'm excited to do it proper this time and not be blackout drunk. That was an honest-to-God embarrassing first impression. I wonder what she had in mind, she doesn't seem like the fancy sit-down dinner type. She also doesn't seem like a one-night stand kind of girl considering she had every option to sleep with me last night; I didn't have a single sober thought in my mind. She didn't take advantage of it though. I really hope she doesn't break my fucking heart.

{30 Minutes Later}

I cautiously pull David's car into the driveway and put it in park. I grab my bags and start to get out of the car when I noticed dad isn't home; probably working. From what I've heard, he seems to work a lot. I walk up the painfully long gravel path to the front door and pull out the key my dad gave me yesterday. I opened the door and it was quiet; no sign of David or Victoria. 

"David, I'm home." I yell from the bottom of the stairs; no answer. Where is he?? He never sent a text about having to go anywhere. The lack of response piques my curiosity as to why the house seems so quiet. Maybe it's always this quiet but from the little memory I have of us all living together, it was never very quiet.

"David are you home??" I practically scream as I walk up the stairs; I don't hear Victoria bitching either. I peak in the bathroom; scared but still felt the need to check. Nobody in there. I finally walk to his room and knock three times. I patiently stand in front of his door awaiting a response. Any sort of response of life behind this door. Still nothing.

"I'm coming in if you're in there! Please put clothes on..." I warn before twisting the door knob and stepping in. Still, not a single soul in sight. My stomach drops even though I have no reason to feel anxious. All I can do is text him and hope for the best. As I'm stepping out of his room, my phone buzzes.

"Hey. Had to run some errands. Be back in a few, set the stuff on my dresser. Thanks, ily." 'Text Delivered From David.'

Wonderful timing. He texts so formal it pisses me off. The fuck is 'ily'?? He couldn't just spell it out?? Maybe this only bothers me. Although he pisses me off for the smallest things, I listen to what he said and set down his 'stuff' on the dresser and happily walk out. As I walk out of his room the realization dawns down on me, tomorrow is my first day at the new school. I seriously feel sick now. I bolt to the bathroom and practically throw my guts up; something is seriously wrong. I'm never this sick after drinking; maybe someone slipped something in my drink last night... No surely not. I'm just super hungover. As I clean myself and start to brush my teeth, my phone buzzes.

"So, how do you feel about cars and racing love?" 'Text From Jade <3.' I smile at the notification that comes through. I'm obsessed with cars and racing, ever since I was a little girl. It's always fascinated me in so many aspects. The cars and the way they fly down the roads, how pretty they all shine under different lighting.

"I'm actually obsessed with cars and racing. Why do you ask?" 'Text Delivered To Jade <3.

I start to fidget with the cuticles around my nails and anxiously nit pick. I don't know why she makes me so nervous. She usually takes at least fifteen minutes to text back so I'm sure I can do some laundry or something productive. As I start to grab my laundry hamper, Jade texts back. That was way faster than usual..

"So since you like racing and you're free Friday, I'll pick you up at 8 and trust me, you'll have a good time." 'Text From Jade <3.'

"Oh. My. Gosh. Racing??? I'm way too excited right now. I don't even know what we're doing but it involves cars and racing so I'm all in." 'Text Delivered to Jade <3.'

"Perfect, I'll text you in a few. I just got home and I gotta do some stuff with my sister. Stay safe hon." Sister? I guess we have more in common than I thought. I wonder if she's close with her sister unlike me and my brother. That's a future conversation for wayyyyyy later. I heart her message and turn my phone on silence. I need a deep bubble bath to relax every tense and stressed muscle in my body.