Chapter 96- A Mother's Pain

" Markus!! Markus," I heard Jane call and I squeezed my eyes in annoyance, what more did she want?

" Markus," She called again before my office door came open and she walked in.

Her eyes looked red and swollen like she had been crying for hours, I couldn't care less, not even when my heart was squeezing at the sight, it was just a moment of weakness, I'd seen her face smiling for months I wasn't used to seeing her like this.

" What do you want Jane? More money?" At my question, she closed her eyes like she was in pain.

" I want to ask you this question and I want you to answer me truthfully,"

" Go on I'm listening to you," I said as I dropped the pen I was holding and looked at her.

" Look me in the eyes and tell me everything was just fake to you, I need to hear you say that," What more did she want to hear?

" Do you want to break your already broken heart? I asked her with a raised brow.

" Just do it,"

" Fine if you say so," I stood up from where I sat and turned around the table, I came to stand in front of her, looking her square in the eyes I said…

" It was all fake, all for my child, now is there anything else you want me to say?" I asked her as I watched her fall apart, it was all her fault she was facing this, if she didn't have plans of taking my girl away this wouldn't be happening.

" Markus," She whispered with so much pain that for a moment all I wanted to do was take her into my arms and tell her it was all a joke and I didn't mean anything. It's just a weakness, I don't give a shit about her.

" Thanks," She simply said with pain in her eyes.

" Thank you for taking care of me even if it was fake or for Alexandra, I'm glad someone was there for me when I needed the help even if it was fake," Her eyes filled with so many tears as she wiped them away.

" But please don't stop me from seeing my child," As she said this she went down on her knees.

" Please Markus don't stop me from seeing Alexandra please, I beg you, I'll do anything you want," She begged with tears rolling down her eyes.

" You don't seem to get me my beautiful Jane," I said as I squatted to where she was kneeling.

" I don't want you anywhere near my child, when we signed that contract, you were supposed to be out of my life from the moment you gave birth to Alexandra, I've been as kind as I can, there's nothing I can do for you Jane," I said to her as I helped her up.

" So I think you should start packing, it was good to have you around anyway," I returned back to my chair while Jane just stood there like a statue before she turned away and walked out of the office like she was a robot being controlled by a remote.

******

I walked to the nursery where my Alexandra was kept.

He didn't want me near her, I didn't know when I would have the chance to see her anymore.

A maid was with her and my heart clenched, this child wasn't even up to a week and yet they wanted to separate her from her mother.

When the maid saw me she greeted me and left the room.

My princess was awake looking up at me with those beautiful eyes.

" Hey honey," I said as a tear dropped on her face and I quickly wiped it off, my princess, my everything.

" Mom is sorry, if I knew things would turn out like this I would never have signed that document, I'm the worst person in the world, see what I've put you through, now I've been banned from seeing you," As if my little princess understood what her mom was saying she started crying.

I took her out of the crib and sat on the floor with her in my arms then I brought out my breast to feed her.

I felt like I was going to have a heart attack because of the connection I felt when she realized I was her mom and she held unto my bosom with her tiny hand. Markus has refused to accept that this child needs me. What would they feed a child that was barely up to a month old?

" My baby, I love you, I wish I could change things but nothing is in my power, I could cry all I wanted but your daddy doesn't want me near you, please don't hate me, baby,"

When I was done feeding her I just held her in my arms, I wish I could be like this forever. Me and my baby even if her dad didn't want me near her.

I rose from the floor and walked with the child to my room, I placed Alexandra on the bed and also claimed the bed wishing that this moment would last forever.

*******

I had to see my daughter and make sure she was okay.

I quickly wrapped up my work as I went up the stairs heading to the nursery.

When I opened the door and walked to her crib Alexandra wasn't there, didn't I tell this maid to bring my child here?

Jane.

After telling her not to be anywhere near my child she still came to take her.

I walked to her room and opened the door and there she was.

My queen and princess. What the fuck did I just say? The only one I cared about was my little princess.

I walked to the bed where Alexandra was lying beside her mom.

She didn't need a mom, I would take care of her all on my own, and I would teach her to be a better person.

There was no going back on my decision, Jane came here to give me a child, and now that she has done that it was time to go.

She wasn't needed anymore.