Chapter 54-Keep Your Enemies Closer

" Jane." He took a step towards me but I moved back.

" Don't come near me!! Stay where you are." I screamed as he tried to come near me. Did he think he could just go out of my life and come back however he liked?

" Please just give me a chance."

" What chance are you talking about, give you what? You know what? I don't wanna talk to you or see you around me ever or else I'll call the police."

" Jane."

" Stop saying my name, I hate how it sounds coming from you, stop!"

" Jane, what's wrong? The kids are waiting for you inside." Rena suddenly came behind me.

" I'll join you shortly," I said as I looked at my father with contempt, he wasn't there when I needed him and now he wants what? To reconnect and come back into my life? Never.

" Is this man bothering you, do I need to call security?" Rena asked as she looked between him and me.

" No, we're going back in now," without sparing him a glance I turned away from him going back into the orphanage.

" Who was that man?" Rena asked as she looked at me with curiosity.

" Not someone important." It was not a lie, he had no importance in my life any longer, had he been following me around?

The party continued but my mind was somewhere else. I couldn't stop thinking about my father. What did he want? I wanted to ask him so many questions but I couldn't even stand him. How could I get involved in a conversation with him?

When the party ended I waved the children bye as Rena drove us away.

I could tell Rena was dying to ask me questions but was stopping herself, she just kept glancing at me but didn't say a word until.

" Are you sure you're okay? I noticed you've been quiet since your encounter with that man, you know it's better you talk about it." I thought for a while before I closed my eyes tightly as if I was trying to erase the painful memory.

" He's my father, abandoned me and my mom for another woman, I am really confused as to why he suddenly wants to talk to me, Rena, what does he want to say? I don't think I ever want him in my life." She didn't say anything, she just squeezed my hand as her other hand was on the steering wheel.

I hope my life is not about to become more dramatic than it already is.

******

" Babe, where should we go for our first date?" I was beginning to regret my decision of asking this woman to be my girlfriend, she didn't know everything was fake and I didn't really give a shit about her.

I was just using her. The usual saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And besides I was just killing two birds with one stone.

She had her hands around my neck in a romantic way and as much as it was itching me to remove those hands I refrained myself.

" I saw your sister-in-law today, she was very nice, she gave me a ride to the mall." She said as she removed her hands from around me and sat on my desk facing me, I was tempted to throw her off but again I refrained myself.

" What sister-in-law are you talking about?" She looked at me like I was joking.

" What do you mean? I'm talking of the pregnant one." Jane. She thought Jane was my sister-in-law.

" She's not my sister-in-law, she's pregnant for me, but I don't feel anything for her, I prefer girls like you," the last part was a lie, she was too loud but I had to gain her trust.

" What do you mean?" Is she dumb or she doesn't understand simple English?

" I mean that as soon as she gives birth to my child, she'll be out of my life,"

" That's good to know, I don't like to share." Her tune compared to when she was first telling me about Jane changed totally, now she sounded possessive like I was her special toy she didn't want anyone's hands on.

" I don't like to share too," I said as I brought her face closer and kissed her, she sat on my lap and started grinding on my member and as much as I hated the reaction my body was giving, I was a man after all and I couldn't help but harden.

She looked impatient like she couldn't wait for me to devour her as our lips fought for control but I won. I needed to show her who was in charge here and I did.

" Babe that was so good," she said as she chuckled and I pulled out of her. I carried her into the bathroom and then I cleaned myself and changed into new clothes I had asked my secretary to always keep for me if there was ever a need to change.

She wouldn't stop smiling at me, and that annoyed the hell out of me. I wish I could tell her how loud she was, it's a good thing my office was soundproof.

" Don't you have have somewhere to be?" I asked her as I sat on my office chair getting back to work.

" Why? Don't you want me to be here with you?" She asked me with a pout on her lips, she thought that was cute.

" Why won't I? As much as I want you to stay, your beauty is distracting me." I wish I could cut my own tongue for saying that.

" Awwww babe." She said before she turned around and then she kissed me on the lip.

" I'll just leave you be, call me when you're home." She said before walking out of my office and I was glad.

" Keep a close eye on her, make sure they don't come anywhere near her if they try anything funny, you know what to do," I said over the phone to my private investigator.

My enemy thought he could play smart, what he didn't know was that I already had the upper hand.

" Yes Sir, she just got into her car now."

" Good." As soon as I ended the call, my phone started ringing and it was the call I'd been expecting.

Bingo.