Chapter 83- Caught In The Act

When I got home Markus was already back, I knew that because his car was parked outside.

I took a deep breath and got out of the car then I walked slowly into the house. I was taking my time because each step I took felt like I was walking closer to heartbreak.

I opened the door and got into the house and surprisingly I was hit with the smell of food, I almost forgot what was bothering me.

" Hey, I've been waiting for you," Markus said as soon as he saw me, he had a smile on his face, and as much as I tried to mirror his look it wasn't working.

" Are you okay?" Markus asked as he left what he was doing and walked to me.

" Did that guy say anything to offend you?" He asked me, referring to Hardin, if only he knew he was the reason for my sad mood.

" You ran off without telling me, I was worried, where did you go?" I asked him hoping he wouldn't lie to me, I knew how crazy exes could be, for all, I knew everything might be a setup. I wanted Markus to reassure me, I wanted him to tell me he was with her and I had nothing to worry about, I needed him to explain to me.

" I'm sorry if I got you worried, something came up at the office," He said and I waited for more, but he didn't say anything after that, so I pushed.

" So you were so busy at the office, you didn't go anywhere else?" I asked him for more clarity.

" Yeah, I was in the office after I left you, it was so hectic," He sighed as if to make his point that he was tired. My heart ached.

He lied to me, he didn't say anything about Fiona when he was with her.

I just smiled at him not showing anything I was feeling, he left me to go see his ex and when I asked him where he was he didn't say a thing.

He dragged me to the dining table where he had already set everything. I wasn't hungry but I forced myself to eat the food quietly.

He tried to make small talk but I was not even there, my mind was somewhere else.

I had to make an excuse of being tired, I left for our room before he could ask me any more questions and I ended up getting angry.

I went into the bathroom and got ready for bed. I didn't want Markus to come up here and get me involved in any form of conversation so I got into bed and tried to force myself to sleep but sleep was far from me.

I heard the door open and knew that Markus had come into the room. I steadied my breathing to make sure he didn't know I was awake.

I heard him open the bathroom door and then the sound of the shower followed. He got out of the shower and then walked to the closet.

Not being able to control myself I rose from the bed and wanted to talk to him, did I really mean nothing to him? I needed to hear him say it.

But as I reached the closet door, I heard him whisper like he was on a call with someone.

" I've told you to stop calling me, I'm not ready to deal with your shit, you can't keep calling anyhow you like, we're not like before, and there's nothing between us, you need to stop this," I didn't need anyone to tell me he was talking to her.

I heard him sigh and as quietly as I could I returned back to the bed.

If he didn't want her calling him then why did he lie to me about going to see her? What was his reason?

I felt the bed dip which meant he had gotten into bed with me.

I felt his hand go up my body slowly with affection before he kissed my shoulder whispering "Good night my love," and then he laid on his back to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning he wasn't in the room, did he go to her?

I didn't want to continue like this I didn't want a relationship that wasn't built on trust.

I had an appointment with the doctor today as I had just a month to go, my baby bump wasn't big, I just couldn't believe I would become a mother soon.

*************

Something was wrong, I knew that by the way she behaved last night, I tried to engage in a conversation with her but she didn't even bother saying a word, it was like something was bothering her, but she refused to tell me what it was.

Could it be that that jerked must have said something to annoy her, I knew I couldn't trust that jerk, but when Fiona sent me that video I couldn't even think, I didn't know what I was even doing, I just had to go.

She was about to kill herself and then thought it was fine to send me an apology message with a rope just behind her, it was a good thing I got there on time just before she could do anything stupid. I was weak when I saw her, I couldn't help but think about what we could have had. We were past that, I was over her.

I just did what any human being would do, I didn't want to feel guilty for the rest of my life, she wanted to commit suicide for God's sake

I made sure to have one of my guards stay with her so she doesn't do anything reckless.

My main concern now was Jane, I didn't know what was going on in her head.

Was she mad that I left the game and didn't stay with her till the end?  I was confused.

My phone started ringing again and it was yet another call from Fiona, what the fuck did she want from me?

I brought my phone and then blocked her number, she could do whatever the fuck she wanted to do but I refused to let her play the guilt card on me, all this is happening because of the decisions she made.

As I tried to relax on my office chair, my office door burst open and as I opened my eyes I was greeted with the face of the woman I didn't want it see.

" Why are you here Fiona? What do you want with me?" I asked her as she made her way further into my office.

" You've refused to pick up my calls," She said it like we were normal couples and I was entitled to pick up her call.

" I choose whose call to pick and your call is not one I want to pick, I don't want to talk to you," I said to her in anger, I had to tell security to ban her from entering this building.

" You've changed so much, what has gotten into you?" She asked sounding like I was at fault here. I didn't want to be involved in an argument with her.

" Fiona, get out of my office before I have to call security," Instead of heeding my warning she walked to me and then placed her hand on my chest, the same moment the door came open and I immediately felt like time stopped.