Chapter 13- The Pregnancy Test

I turned to him and he had his brows pinched together like he was in deep thought. I didn't have the chance to read more of his facial expression as I turned back on the kitchen sink retching my already empty stomach.

I felt someone push my hair that was coming down due to the way I was bending. Sometimes I didn't even understand him, sometimes he acted like a whole different person, one minute he was caring the next he was acting like he didn't even know me.

I raised my head and turn the tap open so it could flush away the mess I made.

" I think I've got food poisoning, from what I had yesterday, I've been having stomach pain since yesterday night." I said to him as he just looked at me as if searching for something on my face, what he was searching for I didn't know.

" Why didn't you tell me?" Is he joking or what? He wouldn't even talk to me yesterday and what makes him think I'll go to him because I was having a stomach issue? He didn't seem like he had time for me, what would have made it any different if I had gone to him? He wasn't my husband or anything.

He touched my forehead as if checking my temperature. Then he just walked off like he wanted to go get something. I just held my stomach and walked back to my room.

About a few minutes later I had relaxed. I heard knocking on my door before the door opened. I didn't have to look at the door to know who it was. What did he want this time?

"How has she been feeling?" This time it wasn't Markus' voice. It was a voice of  I didn't recognize, this made me turn to see who the owner of the voice was.

" It's better you ask her, she'll be in the right position to answer any question you have to ask because it's her body." He said as they were now standing by the foot of my bed.

" Hello Mrs Arthur." I go to correct him but I just kept quiet instead. I didn't even have the energy in me to speak more than I needed to.

" How are you feeling?" He asked me as he brought out a pen from his shirt pocket waiting for my answer. Oh so he was a doctor? Markus brought a doctor to me, as much as I tried to hide it, I couldn't help but smile.

" I've been feeling a little down since yesterday and this morning I had thrown up twice, my guess is that food poisoning but I can't be so sure."

He took my wrist and well I didn't know what he was doing but he used his stethoscope to  check my heart beat, then he gave me a tiny container to go pee. I scrunch my face because I didn't want to do it but regardless I took the container and went into the bathroom peeing into the it.

I was shocked when I was just about to step out, Markus was standing by the door, I almost dropped the container I was holding.

" Jeez don't scare me like that." Why was he suddenly everywhere. Instead of asking him any questions I just walked past him as I handed the container to the doctor.

" What you need now is enough rest, I'll send in the results before the end of the day." Markus just led him outside and I felt like they wanted to talk more but right now what I need was more food and rest, have to do like the doctor said.

Markus didn't return and I didn't mind, at least he called a doctor for me.

All of a sudden my mind started throwing questions at me like what if it wasn't what I was thinking and I was actually pregnant? I quickly dismissed the thought. But there was that feeling that was strong and I couldn't deny it.

If I was indeed pregnant then it was a confirmation that the contract was becoming a reality, I was actually going  to give Markus a child, and I hadn't forgotten my promise, there was no way I was going to leave my child without complete parents.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat. My stomach felt empty. I was hoping whatever I was going to eat would not come back out again.

It wasn't yet lunch time but who said a sick person couldn't eat? I took some biscuits and a pack of juice and I didn't bother trying to go back to my room, I just made myself comfortable on the kitchen floor as I placed the biscuits on my lap and quietly ate. 

When I had finished eating, I discarded the wrap and made my way outside to get fresh air, I passed some maids outside that rushed to me to ask if I needed anything but I told them that I was fine.

I continued down the house and I ended by the pool, I didn't come out with any swim wear, I didn't have plans to swim so I just sat by the edge of the pool and dipped my legs inside, it was time I visited the beach. I've missed the breeze

Markus must have returned back to his office. He had a job more like he  had a company to run, and what did I have? Nothing.

Well maybe money from the contract, but that didn't make me any happy, that was not the kind of money I wanted to have but what choice did I have back then? A lot of people would judge my choice if they knew, but I didn't care back then I was desperate and I did what seemed right.

Not thinking much of my situation I pulled my leg out from the pool as I made my way back inside the house, instead of going up to my room I settled in the sitting room and turned the television hoping to find any interesting show that would keep me entertained.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and my eyes peeled open to reveal Markus face, Did I fall asleep? The last thing I remembered was scanning through the numerous TV channels.

"Hi." I greeted, as I sat up. I was surprised when he sat beside me and I just wouldn't take his eyes off my stomach. What was wrong with him?

" Are you okay?" I asked but he didn't answer because he was so focused on staring at my stomach. Then he suddenly wrapped his hands around my waist and drew me to his laps. I was confused.

Not until he kissed my stomach did I understand what was happening. I saw a white paper poke through his pocket, I took it out and when I opened it, it looked like a test result and then I saw the confirmation of what I had thought.

A test confirming that I was pregnant.

******

What do you think guys?