Chapter 31- The Secret Car

Signing this document wasn't anything like signing the document of agreement between Markus and me. Whereas I signed that document with so much doubt knowing there would be regrets, this document right in front of me brought me peace. It was like I had done something right for the first time.

" The coffee here is quite nice," Hardin said as he brought me out of my thoughts.

The coffee wasn't any of my interest right now, the only thing on my mind was the document in front of me.

" So what do you plan to do with that place if I might ask?" Since someone was genuinely interested in knowing what I was doing, why wouldn't I want to tell him?

" So I plan on opening a bakery," I said as I waited for the information to sink into his head.

" Really? Like where you have all do sweet treats bread and please donuts." Was he serious or he was just messing around? Did I look like I was joking?

" You know how to bake?"

" Are you stupid? Why do you think I'll open a bakery if I can't bake or at least know what it takes to start one?" I was getting annoyed and he was the cause and maybe the pregnancy hormones.

" Hey. Hey, chill, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." Well, it looked like it.

I had a frown on my face and he knew that I wasn't finding it funny.

I was about to say something but the smell of croissants stopped my words. I didn't order that but I was going to now that my senses were filled with it.

" Excuse me," I called, raising my hand to wave one of the staff over. I got a few glances from people but my pregnant self didn't care.

The waitress walked to me with a smile on her face and I could tell it was genuine, well maybe this isn't the first time someone has been dramatic here.

" Yes ma'am?" She said as she awaited my response.

" Can I please get a croissant, and please can you pour some honey on it thanks." I could feel Hardin's eyes on me, but he was the least of my worries. The waitress took the order and left, just as she was leaving my first order of burger arrived.

I didn't waste any time I tore into the burger. Hardin also was given his order but instead of eating, he was just looking at me like he was watching a comedy he was trying his best so hard not to laugh.

" You know if all girls could eat like you in front of guys, the world would be a better place." He as he gave a little chuckle.

" Like a pig?" I said as I took the napkins on the table wiping my mouth.

" I didn't say anything like that," He defended.

"What is there to say, you were laughing at me and it's an indication that I am eating like a pig and you find it funny." Being pregnant was something else, you just make assumptions all the time.

" Nope you're getting it all wrong, what I mean is girls should learn to be free and be themselves, instead of taking little bites and being who their not, that's just what am trying to say." I looked into his eyes and surprisingly he wasn't joking, his eyes didn't hold any deceit.

Instead of giving him any reply I just turned towards the glass wall, there was a familiar black car parked outside I tried to get a closer look at it but the car drove off and at the same time the smell of croissants drifted through my nose and everything else faded.

" So we'll be seeing each other more often now since you'll be opening your bakery, just know that I'll be your regular customer," Hardin said as he opened my car door for me to get in. I shouldn't but I did, I rolled my eyes at him as I got into the car but didn't close the door.

" Well thanks for today, I am tired and would like to take a rest, so see, you around," I said as I closed my car door he took steps back as the car roared to life and he waved then I reversed back from where I was parked and drove into the road heading home.

" Welcome Jane" I was welcomed by Rena who quickly took hold of my arm and led me to a corner. I was wondering what the problem was that had her so worked up.

" What is wrong?" I asked as soon as she left my hand.

" It's the boss." She simply said as she looked to her left and right as if she was expecting him to just suddenly appear and like her simple statement explain everything.

" You should stay out of his way, he looked so furious when he came back from the office like he was ready to pull someone's head off. Remember that lady, the one who has been causing trouble? They were involved in a serious argument."  I knew just who she was referring to.

" Do you have any idea why they were arguing?" I asked. As much as I didn't want to get involved in whatever was going on with both of them, something in me was curious to know what happened.

" Thank you for warning me, but I assure you that nothing is going to happen."

" Ma'am you're saying this because you didn't see how mad he looked, I have never seen him so angry before, he looked so scary. Am serious." She said as she looked like she was about to cry. I knew how Markus could be when he was angry about something, but one thing I knew was that he would never hurt me.

" It's okay, I'll just be in my room anyway, so there's nothing to be worried about. Well, I think I am hungry again." I said as we burst into laughter and that lightened up the mood a little.

Rena served me something to eat and excused herself as she went back to her work. I was going through my phone and enjoying my meal when the door suddenly burst open.

And the person who entered the room looked like he had been set on fire.

*****

Ohoh