Chapter 49-2

Isla had spent the last two days in her cell calming herself. Her anxiety ran high with Jackson's magic surrounding her, trying to find a way in. It was affecting her, and she was feeling the pull towards him.

Don't change your mind. The mate bond will want you to change your mind, but don't change your mind. Every time you feel the mate bond kick in, visualize your mission.

Isla was associating the mate bond with her own plan. It needed to be engrained, connected. She needed to think of one and automatically think of the other.

You don't get to have a mate bond. Not in this life.

Aggravated steps pounded down the corridor to her cell. Within seconds the door was flung open, and Jackson had his arms pressing deeply into the mattress on either side of her, smelling her in. Isla felt her anxiety leave her the longer he hovered over her.

Before she was satisfied, he picked her up and carried her off. Isla's fingers dangled down the top of his button-up shirt, her finger pads against his skin. He let off a low growl in the elevator, and she increased the pressure against his chest to feel him rumble. His growl held steady, both inhale and exhale, causing Isla's fingers to curl with delight.

He threw open his bedroom door with the same ferocity as he did the one in the basement and slammed it behind him. Isla was thrown onto the bed and dragged to the edge face down, her clothes torn from her.

Jackson climbed up over her. Setting her hips so she was up on all fours, wrapping his fingers around her throat from the uninjured side. He pulled up, forcing her to lift her head and arch her back.

"You will be by my side, my luna, when I take my rightful place in Dark Moon." His face leaned over her, listening to strained breathing at his hand, his teeth elongated. Isla knew he was not in control. She knew this would be rough.

"Please," She strained under his grasp, "Please remember I'm close to human right now."

He let out a roar as he sat back on his feet, pulling her into a kneeled position against his chest. His face above her neck. Her neck wasn't as strained. This would be brutal but not as dangerous as it would have been.

He shoved his fingers into her hair and pulled her head to expose her neck to him. His other hand reached across her chest, securing her in place. A cry gasped through her lips as she braced. He led with his canines and sunk into her, holding her still through her jolts.

She felt his wolf magic enter her. There were so many layers of it she could feel them circling inside of her, the old and the new. A wave went through his body, and he released her hair from his grasp but held steady on her chest. His magic felt foreign and possessive. It didn't belong in her, and it couldn't take hold. It was suspended throughout her, affecting her, trying to take over her, but the silver kept it from latching on.

He pulled back on her neck and gave her another wave through his body and through his magic. She could no longer resist and went limp, but he didn't release her.

The last of her energy went into, "Please."

He relaxed and pulled his teeth out, licking the wound, adding more layers. Isla was tired but didn't feel the pull to fall unconscious like she did previously.

Her weakened body fell onto Jackson. He licked his fresh mark and cared for her recovering ones. A pull from an older wound ignited her core, and a moan released from her lips. He smiled and continued to lick her as his teeth slowly retracted.

When he was satisfied, he sat up, leaning her against him. "I found out something yesterday, and I might have to go back on my word. I said I wouldn't consummate our mate bond until the pull of the first full moon. But if we consummate at this full moon when I remove your silver during the mating, we'll have an even stronger bond. You want that, right precious?"

Isla nodded, "Yes, Alpha Jackson." The stronger, the better.

"I thought you would." He dragged his fingers up and down her neck. Watching the faint signs of pleasure cross her face with his touch over his marks on her. "Tell me, where do you want me to fuck you for the first time?"

Relaxing into his magic running through her, Isla reminded herself of her mission but also let herself feel the gratification the encroaching mate bond brings to her.

"Do you want me to pound you against the wall?" He paused over her neck and watched her open her mouth and exhale, waiting for him to move his hand from his marks on her before she responded.

"No, Alpha Jackson." She smirked, "But close."

"I don't know what you mean."

"On the windowsill, please."

"You want people to see me claim you, don't you?" She heard greed and excitement release when he asked her. There wouldn't be anyone out there to see them, but the idea of claiming her so publicly was thrilling.

Isla bit her lower lip, "Yes, Alpha Jackson." She wanted to jump out of that window as soon as possible after the mate bond snapped into place.

His lower lip quivered with the thought of claiming her in front of the world. She would be his, and only his.