Chapter 22-1

Isla approached Alpha Alec's office with a business casual vibe. Inspired by his wardrobe, she decided to dress up today. Jessica had dropped off a care package with her things the day before. Like, all of her things. As if her friend was suggesting it was time to move in.

Too soon, Jessica.

One of Isla's favorite dresses was in there. Dark blue with a tight bodice and thick straps over her shoulders, the pencil skirt stopped just above her knees. She wore an actual lace bra instead of a sports bra, and between the push-up bra and the tailored waist, her figure was on display. The white trim and buttons gave the dress more of an office feel. This was a favorite at the accounting firm, but she always wore a light sweater over it at work. No need for that today though. She stopped just down the hall to feel if he was alone. He must have picked up on something because he called out, "Come in, sweetie."

She turned from the hall into his office. He was sitting behind paperwork, but she could tell his mind was elsewhere.

"Close the door," He instructed her calmly. She clicked it closed. "And lock it, please." She froze for a second but complied. Deep breath in and turn.

He stood up. The top of the desk lowered to his massive thighs. "Now, I believe we have some unsettled business about your punishment."

Isla's eyes got wide, and she backed up against the door. "But..." she fell silent.

"But what, Isla? Do you think you shouldn't be punished because of what we did?" His head leaned in. "Punishment and pleasure don't have to be exclusive, but no amount of pleasure will negate the need for discipline." He removed the sturdy piece of furniture from between them by sidestepping it. "I didn't want to tell you earlier because I didn't want you to worry about it too much."

"How can I not?" Isla's eyes were darting around from the approaching alpha to the bookshelves, to the desk, to his belt that he was taking off.

The strap of leather that was no longer holding his pants up, was gathered in his left hand and holding all of her attention.

"What did I say about not hurting you?" Steadfast and unwavering in his advance, he approached her.

Her heart was palpitating so hard she was sure the thumping was making her left breast bounce independently. "You said you would never hurt me!" Her eyes were getting a fresh coat of tears. Sweaty palms rubbed up and down on the barrier behind her, ineffectively trying to sooth her.

"Mmmhmm, that's what I said. And I mean it." When close enough, he reached out and turned her around. With her chest pressed against the cold door, he pulled her hands behind her, securing them together with his piece of clothing recently relieved of its obligations to his outfit. "Now, I didn't say I wouldn't inflict pain."

Her shaking hands were now settled by the loops around her wrists. The conflicting emotions of fear and excitement stirred in her gut. She had fantasized about this, but that was so much different than her reality right now.

He walked away from her and returned to his position behind his desk. "You know why you're being disciplined, right?" He sat down with some distance between his paperwork and himself.

"I don't deserve this!" Isla yelled to the door before turning around.

"But you do," Alec stated, as a matter of fact, appreciating the return of his unruly warrior. "The lake, the club, the waterhole, and ditching Peter and Alex as often as you could."

"But..." Isla fell silent. She looked back at those events differently now than how she saw them at the time, especially after the attack in the shower. It was evident that Alec was not overly protective, and there was a significant threat against her. At the time, Isla was just living her life, not realizing the amount of energy and effort Alec was putting into keeping her safe. Instead of talking to him about the rules, she evaded them, pushed them to the limit or even broke them. It was the result of not appreciating the threat to her.