Chapter 30-1

It was two-thirty in the morning, her luggage was packed and next to the door, but she was about to leave it all behind. No room for roller bags on a motorcycle.

Isla was trying in vain to keep her distance from the large male that was eying every movement she made as she dressed in what she would wear under her riding gear. She had been delayed enough by his reach and grabs and with each one she ended up wrapped in his arms. There were only so many escapes from his embraces that her heart could take.

"I hate everything about the damn plan." Alec huffed from the side of the bed as she walked out of the bathroom. Her hair was styled in a French braid to fit under a helmet and keep from getting knots through the length during the ride.

"Except the part that keeps me the safest." Isla teased as she walked up to him, violating the staying out of arms reach rule she had been abiding by. This would be the final release until he arrives at the Northern Territory. Squeezing herself between his legs and wrapping her arms around his neck. "Until you get a helicopter." Isla laughed, but the truth was that Alec had been considering investing in one. Her becoming luna will probably be the final factor before acquiring it.

His hands squeezed her hips. "You should be with me, by my side."

"I know," Isla agreed with him, "And I will be when you arrive in a few hours." She gave him a quick but soft kiss on his lips. "But right now, I need to get to the garage so I can keep our timetable. Are you going to send out that "do not disturb" soon?" Isla shook her hips playfully.

He suddenly threw his face into her neck and drew back his lips, dragging his teeth on her flesh. She jumped back, but his hands were already there. She squirmed under his ticklish advances before letting out some laughter and pushing on his shoulders to try and give her some space.

"You know this is the right thing to do, but you can change your mind at any time." Isla shrugged, "Maybe cancel the whole thing, disenroll me from the Warrior Club, or however you would do that," Her voice got low and sinister, "Turn me into your sex slave...."

With that, she was airborne and over his shoulder, laying on the bed on her back.

"Why was this not one of the plans that you and Jax brought for me to choose from?" He pressed his forearms onto her upper arms, locking her into place, his hips pinning her lower body down as she squirmed, "I would have chosen this plan."

Alec's eyes zoned out for a few seconds while someone mindlinked him.

"It's Jax, isn't it?" Isla smirked at him when she saw him zone back.

"It is."

"He knows you are keeping me from my timetable, doesn't he?"

"Sometimes, I wonder who really runs this pack." Alec sighed, giving Isla a long, promising kiss before climbing back and pulling her to her feet.

"You do, Alpha Alec." Isla responded as she grabbed a backpack, "You're just smart enough to know that you need others too."

Isla got serious as she prepared to leave the comfort and safety of Alec's bedroom, packhouse, and territory without him for the first time since he dragged her back from the club.

"I'll see you for brunch," Isla promised as she walked towards the door.

"Yes, love. See you for brunch." Came a deep, grumpy voice behind her.

The lights in the hallway were dimmed for the late-night hours. They would be brightened at 0600 and for now, she cast a minimal shadow as she snuck silently down the hallway and stairs.

She arrived at the garage to find it aglow with ambient light and Jax standing between two sport bikes. He was in his gear and checking the communication equipment.