Chapter 29

"It's finally happening," I murmur to myself as the makeup artist applies a nude lipstick on me. The flawless makeup and radiant glow combined to present the most stunning version of myself. I have never seen myself like this. I started the day feeling super emotional. Following the recent release of my book last month, today brought the exhilarating news that the Turkish Times had awarded my book the number one bestseller. Then, I got an email proposing an article that would named me the best new writer. I haven't been able to see Can today to celebrate this news so I had to call him to tell him the great news. We both had tears of joy (mostly me) because it's such a monumental step in my career. 

After my makeup was done, my mom and Leila helped me in slip into my gown. The off-the-shoulder A-line dress with a corset bodice adorned with delicate lace and soft tulle. As I gazed at myself in the mirror, my eyes water I feel like a princess. 

"Wow, sis," Leila whispered in awe. 

"Oh, my beautiful baby bird," my mom murmured as she enveloped me in a warm embrace. Despite my efforts to hold back tears, they well up. Just then, my dad enters the room, his eyes shimmering with pride and love. Without a word, he joins us in a heartfelt group hug, creating a moment of pure, unspoken connection and love.

We leave the room approaching the aisle. We wait for the wedding planner to give us the okay to walk. I try to hold down my nerves as I clutch my dad's arm and the delicate rose pink and yellow bouquet in the other hand. "My beautiful baby girl, my bird, Sanem. My heart is filled with so much pride and love. Seeing you all grown up and starting this new chapter with Can is bittersweet. No matter what happens you will always be my little girl. As you embark on this new journey as a wife, know that I will always be here for you, cheering you on and supporting you every step of the way. May your marriage be filled with love, laughter, and endless happiness." He goes to kiss my forehead and I took my dad in a tight embrace. Tears now fall down my face. "Don't cry my child. This is a day of glee." 

Thank goodness the makeup artist used waterproof mascara or you'll look like a sappy mess. 

The soft strains of music fill the air and we receive the signal to begin our walk down the aisle, my eyes lock with Can's and my heart leaps with joy. I see Can mouthing 'wow' and tears falling down his eyes. He looks super hot in his black suit like a sexy CEO I must say. I can't believe you convinced Can to wear a suit. In that moment, I see pure love and happiness shining in his eyes, this is where we belong. The world around us fades as I move closer to Can. When we finally reach him, my father leans in to whisper, "I give you with my most precious gift. Please protect her with your life." His words bring tears to my eyes once more. I wrap my hands on Can's arm and together we make our way to the altar, where there's a table with the officiant and our witnesses.

Surrounded by the beauty of nature and the warmth of our loved ones, I feel peace and joy wash over me. I feel like a teen drooling over her crush, I have no idea what is happening till I notice Can sniff "Sanem my love, my life, I promise to love you for all eternity. You have made me the happiest man on earth. I have found my forever person. I give you this ring as a sign of my love that is never-ending." 

I release a breath "You complete me in ways I never thought was possible. I promise to listen to you, to laugh with you, to comfort you, to be your guide. I give you not only my hand but my heart and life. You are my one and only today and everyday." Tears now fully falling from both of our eyes. 

The officiant, with a gentle smile, declares, "by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." And we share our first kiss, surrounded by the cheers and applause of our loved ones.  

----***----

I hold Can tightly as we get to the middle of the dance floor to dance our first song married. I hear the piano play as 'I'm kissing you' by Des'ree plays. Can holds me tight and our lips almost touch as he mouths the lyrics to the chorus. We moved gracefully together, lost in the moment whispering promises of forever to each other. The music fades with everyone around us, it's just the two of us again. 

"Have I told you how beautiful you look. I can't keep my eyes off you Mrs. Divit." Can whispers in my ear and moves his face to look at me. His perfectly formed lips spread into a smile. I turn red. 

"I love you so much Can." I say with so much conviction. 

His lips captured mine, igniting a spark making my heart race. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, wanting to deepen the kiss but I knew with our parents around it wasn't appropriate. 

As the wedding festivities continued, it was time for the cake-cutting ceremony. Can and I took a hold of the knife together, cutting into the sweet pastry. With a playful twinkle in his eye, he fed me a bite of cake, and in return, I offered him a taste. Feeling mischievous, I dipped my finger into the icing and playfully smeared a dab on his nose. Laughter filled the air as he swiftly retaliated marking my cheek in return. Our joyous playfulness ended when Can's eyes darkened and without a word, he licked the icing off my cheek. It sent a rush of warmth through me. 

"It's time to throw the bouquet!" the MC announced interrupting our bubble, his voice carrying over the lively chatter of wedding guests. Taking my place at the center of the dance floor, I felt a surge of excitement building within me. With a graceful turn, I presented my back to the crowd, the music swelling around me like a heartbeat, urging me to let go of the bouquet.

In one fluid motion, I released the flowers into the air and a symphony of applause erupted around me. As I turned to see who had caught the bouquet, my heart filled with happiness to see that it was Leila. I couldn't contain my excitement so I rushed to envelop her in a hug. 

The night moves on with everyone dancing their asses off. While I'm sitting down having a conversation with Mr. Aziz "You are now my daughter Sanem. I need to welcome you to our chaotic family." I laugh "I've never seen Can so happy, it radiates from within him. I'm overwhelmed seeing how happy he is to have found you." 

I take Aziz's hands in mine "I promise to take care of Can for the rest of my life. I love your son and will make sure he is happy. He is my best friend." 

"Dad I'm going to kidnap my wife." Can playfully pulls me away from Aziz. 

"Babe, what's going on?" 

"Let's go, it's time to be alone." He kisses my palm. 

"Ok let me go change to a simple dress and say goodbye to my parents." I try to walk away but Can gently pulls me back.

"Nope Mrs. Divit. You will not be taking this dress out. Thats my job." He smirks. 

The room suddenly feels hot. My eyes lock on him and his lock on mine. Air leaves my lungs and I feel my knees weaken. I rush to say goodbye to the guests. 

----***----

We finally reach the door of our hotel room, and with a gentle smile, Can sweeps me off my feet, carrying me over the threshold. Can puts me down and I am greeted by a room adorned with red flower petals and flickering candles.  My eyes land on a champagne bottle with two flutes on the bed. "Mr. Divit you sure know how to capture my heart." 

"Anything for you, my love," he murmurs as he wraps his arms around me from behind, planting a tender kiss on my shoulder. He moves gracefully to pour us glasses of champagne, handing me one. "I thought I had seen beauty in my travels, but ever since you came into my life, nothing else compares to you. To a beautiful life together, Mrs. Divit," he toasts. 

I chug the champagne back and slowly approach him "a lifetime is not enough to express how much I love you Can." 

Our lips meet. 

------------ THE END -----------

Here is my gift to you all two chapters in one day! 

Epilogue will come soon :)