Chapter 19

With every passing second, my pace quickened, a sense of urgency propelled me forward. The resounding click of my heels against the office floor echoed through the air, but I paid no mind to the attention I'm drawing. My focus was reaching my destination "Can, please tell me it's all over." I rush out

He smiles "It's-" I don't let him finish. I run to hug him. 

"When you called me last night, I couldn't believe it." I exclaim and hug him again. Im so happy my body is shaking. I then pinch him.

"Hey what was that for?" 

"That was for not letting me and Leila be here. I wanted to curse her out." 

He holds his hands up "I should have." 

I hug him again. I can't help it. Polen is gone! 

His gaze twinkles with boyish mischief. Note to self: Hugging Can is a big no-no. I see my colleagues looking at us through Can's glass door. 

It's a really bad idea to hug Can in the office.

I pull away and as I walk out Can calls me to turn around "Sanem dinner at my house tonight. Please" He puts his palms together begging me. 

"Okay" and I quickly walk out. I keep my head down to avoid anyone looking at my red face. 

----***----

Can cooked us a delicious alfredo shrimp pasta. He's such a culinary expert. This man can't seem to do anything wrong!  As I devoured each bite, savoring the explosion of flavors from the creamy sauce and seasoned noodles, Can couldn't help but chuckle at my evident delight. Our eyes meet briefly as he sees me shoving food into my mouth. 

"I love that you enjoy food." his eyes twinkle with affection.

"Are you trying to say I don't eat like a lady?" I tease. A playful smile danced across my lips. 

He shakes his head, his expression softening. Taking my hand gently, he presses a tender kiss to my knuckles. "I miss these moments. Please, please don't pull away from me. I'll never forgive myself for hurting you. Say you forgive me." he pleaded with remorse.

I squeezed his hands tightly, inhaling deeply to gather my thoughts. "I forgive you, I know why you did it. I just want you to understand that we are together and no matter how difficult things may be to share, they must be said. And I want to apologize for not being open about our relationship. I let my insecurities take over and I don't want to hide us. 

My eyes close momentarily to gather my resolve "We can move forward but you have to be punished."I point at him 

He nods 

"No sex for a month. I know this is not what every man wants to hear but I need you to understand that I refuse being lied to." 

I see his smile tighten. His eyes connect with mine. It was easy to lose myself in the depth of his eyes. He reaches out and push a wisp of hair behind my ear. "Baby if you think this will upset me then you are wrong." His voice filled with sincerity "I'm happy that you have forgiven me and I accept any and all of your rules." 

He leans over and presses a kiss to my forehead and my nose. Then, his eyes search mine as if asking for permission to kiss me. His face is inches away and I take a moment to admire his facial feature before our lips meet. Can's lips feel like they're on fire and I'm burning. He intensifies the kiss, grabbing neck and pulling me closer. 

"I love you" He whispers and connects his lips to mine again. 

----***----

Since we started taking things slow Can announced our relationship to the office employees. He didn't hesitate to publicly claim me in Fikri Harika.