"We always have choices," Venna insisted, her gaze unwavering. "Nothing is ever impossible."

"Have you been spending too much time with Fenno?" Eryx teased lightly, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. "You're starting to sound like him."

"I may have been hiding out in his library," Venna admitted with a sheepish grin.

"Why are you hiding?" Eryx inquired, his concern growing. "Has anyone said anything to you?"

"No..." Venna shook her head, her eyes scanning the room as if searching for answers.

"Is it Will?" Eryx pressed further, his brow furrowing with worry.

"No," Venna replied, her gaze drifting to the snow outside. "It's not him."

"Then what is it?" Eryx asked, his voice laced with concern as he reached out to gently grasp Venna's hand, offering her his silent support.

"I don't..." Venna hesitated, her voice trailing off. "I don't like seeing Meera like this."

Eryx paused, understanding the weight behind Venna's words.

"She reminds you of yourself," he said quietly, his tone soft and empathetic.

"She does," Venna admitted, her frown deepening with worry.

Eryx watched the sadness flicker in her eyes, feeling his heart sink to the pit of his stomach. Venna and Meera were more alike than he had originally thought, both grappling with their own inner turmoil and struggles. A sense of helplessness washed over him as he reached out and gently wiped the corner of Venna's eyes before her tears could fall.

"It's been so long since we've gone to Silverkeeps," he said, changing the subject to offer her a distraction from her thoughts.

Venna's eyes slowly turned toward Eryx, her expression curious as she listened to him speak.

"Would you like to accompany me on a small visit?" Eryx asked, nudging her with his shoulder, trying to lift her spirits.

"Could we also take Meera with us and stop by Azmeera ?" Venna asked suddenly, her tone pleading. When she saw the hesitation in Eryx's eyes, she grabbed his hand tightly. "Please... for me."

Eryx felt torn, knowing that taking Meera to Azmeera would have grave consequences, especially in her current state. But the earnest plea in Venna's eyes left him with no room for refusal.

"I'll think about it," he said, unable to deny her request. "Should we invite Will?"

"He won't be interested," Venna shook her head, her voice tinged with disappointment.

"Why not?" Eryx inquired, curious about Will's absence.

"Lady Breanna is visiting court," Venna sighed, her shoulders slumping with resignation. "Will's busy."

"Ah," Eryx nodded in understanding. "I see."

As they sat together in silence, Eryx couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air. He knew that their visit to Silverkeeps and Azmeera would bring about a new set of challenges, but for Venna's sake, he was willing to face whatever lay ahead.

"When will we go?" Venna asked, her tone tinged with anticipation.

"Once the weather clears up a bit," Eryx replied, casting a glance over his shoulder at the dark clouds looming in the sky.

"That can take weeks," Venna frowned, her concern evident. "Poor Meera..."

"It's not ideal," Eryx sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping with the weight of his worries as he reached down to grab the basket he had brought inside. "But hopefully, this will help."