siebzehn.

a/n : this is a slight timeskip from february to april 1st, nikolai's birthday.

NiKOLAi POV.

i woke up to my alarm and checked the time and day today. i gasped looking at the date. it's my birthday today! i'm now 20.

i jumped up and dumb and went to do all my morning stuff before running off to university.

as soon as i got there, i realised none of my friends are here, not even my boyfriend. i sat down at the bench at our spot and sat alone and completely lonely cause no is here yet. i heard footsteps from the other side and saw fyodor walking with papers in hand. once he got closer to me, i immediately went to him.

"babeee!" i said.

he was shocked.

"oh hi there baby!" he said and kissed my forehead.

but he went further. did he forget about my birthday? i was upset that even my boyfriend forgot about my birthday. i sat back down and almost started shedding tears. last month, in march, he gifted me quite expensive stuff and also created an entire new song for me and played it for me on his cello. what happened to him?

i was sitting there, crying on the bench alone and chuuya suddenly walked up to me.

"happy birthday nikolai! but why are you crying? you're supposed to be happy on your birthday, not like this. do you have a birthday trauma or what?" chuuya asked.

"i think i might do now" i said.

"what's wrong? you can tell me anything" he said.

"i came to school happy that it's my birthday today. i was sitting here alone then i saw fyodor walking. being the clingy boy i am, i ran to him. of course i said heyyy babe to him, and he said hi baby to me and just went away, without wishing me a happy birthday. last month on our one month anniversary he gifted me quite expensive stuff and made an entire song for me and played it on his cello. i just want to know what happened to him and if he even cares for me anymore" i said.

"no offense but you're overreacting a bit. what was he like while walking past you?" he asked.

"with papers" i said.

"you know he's the president of the student council. he probably is busy right now. i'm sure he'll wish you later" he said.

"i really hope so" i said.

"he will. trust me. also i got you a gift" he said.

"you did??" i asked.

"yes! i don't want to wish my friend a happy birthday without any gifts. here you go!" he said and handed me a bag.

the bag had a comic book and also some sweets from ukraine.

"where did you get these sweets? i know they're from ukraine but how did you get them?" i asked.

"i found a store that sells food from europe and i saw they had a ukraine section and i just grabbed the sweets" he said.

"awwww. and you exactly got my favorite ukrainian sweets. thank you!" i said.

"you're welcome!" he said.

chuuya is literally one of the sweetest and best people i know. i saw dazai entering.

"happy birthday nikolai!" dazai said and gave me a gift bag.

"thank you dazai!" i said.

i opened the bag and saw another comic book, that was different from what chuuya got for me, and an envelope. i opened the envelope and it was a letter from dazai about how grateful he is to have me as a friend.