Chapter 24: Say That To My Ghost Face

August 2015

When you made it to Sera's front porch, Dean was the one who rang the doorbell. He stepped back in line with you after doing so and stole a final glance your way before you heard the sound of footsteps approaching from the other side.

The handle turned and the door was pulled open to reveal the face of a woman, some ten or fifteen years older than you. "Can I help you?" Sera asked as she gave the suits you wore a once-over.

She looked much like her online presence, at least her face hadn't aged. Her hair was styled differently compared to the two-tone bob you had seen online and was now a light brown with highlights swirled throughout. It currently sat in a soft wave around her shoulders and neck.

She wore much less makeup too. Natural-looking at least. Though maybe it was just because you'd caught her outside office hours. You noticed no eyeliner or shadow was lining them when they lingered on Dean a little too long, making you hold your breath in fear.

As usual, nothing phased him and he continued as if he had never met her before. He pulled out his fake ID from his jacket pocket and held it out for show. You followed suit but waited and watched as he continued with the introductions, curious to see if she would recognise him or not.

Thankfully, she didn't.

"Miss Siege. I'm Agent Young, FBI. This is my partner, Agent Johnson. We'd like to ask you a few questions about an author you've worked with."

"Sure. Come in, agents," she replied with no hesitation or worry.

Fittingly inside, the walls were just as inviting and homely as the outside was. Painted in a brilliant amber while the skirting boards and architraves mirrored their outdoor counterparts in solid white.

Sera led you down the hall and into a room off to the left where two large armchairs separated you from an elegant wooden desk. You were offered a seat in them and gladly took it up.

The interior was well put together you thought and while Dean began questioning Sera, you let your eyes wander over every piece she'd decorated the room with. Bookshelves were placed along each wall with countless books and trinkets displayed on them while in the larger spaces of the walls, framed posters hung.

That's when you noticed it. What you presumed to be a Supernatural-themed poster hanging amongst the otter decorations.

The image was of two men, one shirtless with hair longer than yours, free and blowing in the wind. He held a gun and was shorter than the man next to him who wore a sleeveless vest. There was no doubt in your mind they were supposed to be Sam and Dean because of the spitting image of Baby in the background.

Fuck. Hopefully, Sera hadn't noticed Dean's pride and joy out front. Though who could miss the rumble of her engine? You'd always wondered about that.

The two men seemed a little mixed up, however. Supposed Sam had traits you'd liken to Dean and vice versa, and you couldn't help the curve that splayed on your lips because of that factor alone. If the heights matched reality, there is no way Dean would ever wear his hair like that. Or hold a gun in that way for that matter

"Is something funny Agent Johnson?" Sera asked.

'Oops.' Just like Dean always said you weren't good at hiding your emotions.

You cleared your throat and shook your head. "No. Sorry. I was just admiring the poster behind you... The men in the picture. That's supposed to be Sam and Dean from the Supernatural books right?"

"Yes, it is." Sera's face lit up. "You've read the books?"

"Ah, yeah... A friend recommended them to me..."