Chapter 35

Gabriel's POV

Percival and I have to wait for the guards to clean the blood from the floor, and it takes longer than I want to stay here.

I have no idea how everyone can stand the smell of the blood, but it makes me sick, even though I'm sitting next to an open window.

I have already considered running out of this office, but I decided that I don't want to ruin my new shoes which are very nice.

I don't think that they will look nice when they will be covered by the blood of someone who pretended to be my mate.

I would like to know some more about that, but the two people who knew the most are now dead, so I guess that I will have to just forget about it.

I'm just sorry for the kid who had to die because of her.

To be honest, I definitely wouldn't want to raise the kid, and if I had to choose between raising them or killing them, then I would have chosen their death.

But that doesn't mean that it would be my preferred option.

The best option would be to let the kid be born, before I would have sent them to another pack, where someone else would have raised them.

That's because even through I don't think of this kid as mine, and I don't accept the fact that I was their biological father, I still don't want a kid to die because of someone's stupidity.

But I guess that thinking about this won't do anything, so there's no point about wondering what I would have done, when I already know that I won't have to do anything.

I look up when I fell that someone puts their hand on my shoulder, and when I see that it's Percival, I smile at him.

"We can go now." He tells me, and he gestures towards the floor which is clean enough for us to get out of here.

I nod, and I follow him out of the office, before we go towards the front door of the pack house.

"What happened there?" Dad asks, so I look around to see where he is, and if he's even talking to me.

I turn around, and I can see that he's walking toward me with a frown.

I wait for him to catch up to us, and then I let Percival explains what happened.

He also tells him about the fact that we were most likely mated to the same person, and dad smiles slightly.

"That's most likely why you like each other." Dad says, and I nod in agreement, because I can't say that I ever liked someone as much as I like Percival.

And it's really uncommon for the werewolves to like someone who's not this mate.

When we reach the house, Percival and I go straight up the stairs, and we decide to cuddle together, because the both of us are already tired.

I just hope that we won't have to deal with things like this anymore, because I'm ready to stop wondering about this whole thing.