Chapter 29

Percival's POV

I look at the man who falls to the ground, and I quickly shot him.

Then I shot another one who's trying to walk past him, making him fall to the ground too.

I try to run out of the room, but I stop when I can smell the scent of their blood.

Thankfully, Denver pushes me towards the corridor, a few seconds before we hear another shot.

The bullet hits the wall right after we pass the doorway.

"Why did you stop?" Denver asks me angrily, and to be honest, I don't mind it at all, because I'm angry at myself too.

I look back at the two men who are laying on the ground, and I kick the guns away from them, because I can see that one of them is moving.

"What are you doing? Kill them!" Gabriel says, and Daniel agrees.

"One of them is my mate, but there's too much blood, so I'm not sure which one." I say, and they stay quiet, most likely to see what I want to do with that fact.

To be honest, any other werewolf would have tried to save their mate, but I can see that this man isn't a good person.

And I'm pretty sure that he's here with Julie for some reason, so I don't really care for him.

I have a mate now, and even through he's not my real mate, who was chosen for me by the Moon Goddess, I still think that we're better matched than most of the mates.

"I'm your mate, but I prefer to die here, instead of being with someone like you." One of the men says.

I can see that he's trying to push his away from him, although it seems that he doesn't have enough strength to do that.

"Why are you saying that? What's wrong with me?" I ask him, although I don't really want to know the answer.

I just want to know if he knew that we're mates, and why he's trying to kill me now.

Because if he knew that I was his mate, then he could have killed me a long time ago.

"I have no idea what I did for the Moon Goddess to give me a male mate, but I definitely won't allow it to happen.

I found out when you were a teenager, and I decided that I won't let you know about it, so the both of us can live our lives with someone else.

And the mate bond didn't push me towards you when you turned sixteen, so you never had to find out about it.

But I see that you decided to be with a man instead of a nice woman, and I won't allow this to happen, so goodbye Percival. I hope to never see you again." The man says.

Then he pulls out a gun, and he tries to shot me, but Denver manages to kill him before he can do that.

I'm not sure how I feel about seeing my mate bleeding out on the floor, so I decide to turn around.

And Gabriel walks with me down the stairs, so we can drink something.