Chapter 3

Gabriel's POV

I got bored early in the morning, and since I didn't have anything to do, I decided that it will be a good time to go outside of the pack lands.

To be honest, I shouldn't be here alone, because there are a lot of things that could go wrong, and without any help it might not end well for me.

But I don't really care, and I try to enjoy the cool air, which is already starting to get warmer.

I can't wait for the summer, but I know that when it will be way too hot outside, then I will wish for the winter which just passed.

I walk for a long while, until I can hear a sound coming from somewhere in front of me.

I try to find out what it is by it's scent, but I can't find any scent in the air, which makes my eyes widen.

I look at the trees which thankfully don't have much leafs yet, and I try to make sure that no one's sitting on them.

When I decide that it's safe, I go back to the pack lands as quickly and as quietly as I can.

I'm sure that someone's was there, and the lack of scent most likely means that it was either someone from the pack, or it was a hunter.

But I really doubt that the hunters would come here now, because there's nowhere for them to hide.

And I'm sure that they already realised that we know how to use the weapon, which Denver, Carter and the guards stole from a group of hunters that they killed a long time ago.

I start to walk quickly when I can hear that someone's going towards me.

But when they realise that I'm trying to get away from them, the person starts to run towards me, and they quickly reach me.

"Are you alright?" A man asks me, and I look at him for a while, before I start to breathe again.

I'm sure that I saw him talking to Denver a lot of times before, so he must be from my pack.

"I'm fine, I just got scared, because I heard when you were walking, and you blocked your scent, so I didn't know if you're a hunter or something." I tell him, and he smiles apologetically.

"Sorry for scaring you, I just wanted to make sure that you're not a teenager, who decided to come out of the pack lands without the permission.

That happened a lot more over the last few weeks, than it did in a few months before that." He tells me, and I nod slightly.

"I will be going back." I say a while later, and he nods.

"Alright." He says, but neither of us takes our eyes off of the other.

I look at the man who's in front of me, and I can't believe how handsome he is.

To be honest, he's not really my type, or at least he wasn't before.

Because I'm more into the guys who are smaller than me, but I guess that I can make an exception for him.

"Do you have a mate?" I ask him, and he shakes his head with a frown.

"Do you want to sleep with me then?" I ask and his eyes widen, but after the both of us look at each other for a while, he starts to laugh loudly.