Chapter 12

Gabriel's POV

And I guess that she has a right to worry about being rejected, because that's all I can think about at the moment, although the words don't want to come out of my mouth.

She steps aside, and I reluctantly walk inside of her room, before I sit on the couch.

I have no idea what I should tell her, because I really don't think that we will ever work out.

But I also don't want to die, so we will most likely have to come up with something that will allow the both of us to life.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me cysiuosl, but I already know that she knows what's going on.

"I think that you already know the reason. Why didn't you tell me that we're mates?" I ask her sternly.

"Because you were younger than me, and no one should tell their mate that they're mates, until both of them will be able to feel the bond.

I was hoping that you will be able to feel it after your sixteenth birthday, but when you didn't even look at me twice, then I decided to wait two more years to see if you will start to feel it.

And I also knew that you're waiting for a male mate, so I knew that you will reject me right away if I will tell you that we're mates." She tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

I try to come up with something to say, but I can't say anything to her.

I have no idea what's going on, but I guess that I felt that something bad will happen with my mate.

I sigh in frustration and I look at Julie again.

"I have to go for now, it's a bit too much for me right now, and I have to calm down a bit.

But I will be back soon, maybe in a few days." I say, and she nods in acknowledgement, so I stand up, and I walk out of her room.

I go straight to Percival's apartment, and on my way there, I can fell that I'm starting to have a panic attack, so I start to run toward it.

"Are you alright?" One of the guards asks me when I run past him.

"I will be alright, I just have to get to my mate." I tell him, and I can see that he doesn't really believe me, but he decides to not follow me.

When I reach Percival's apartment, I take the key that he gave me a while ago, and I open the door.

Thankfully, I can already smell that he's in the apartment, which makes me start to calm down.

"Percival!" I say loudly when I open the door, and when I look up I can see that he's already walking towards me with a frown.

"What's going on?" He asks me curiously, and I run toward him, before I hug him tightly.

I star to cry, and he picks me up, before he carried me to the couch which isn't far from us.