Just For A Moment

"Man what took you guys so long? We are all zombies over here, I barely held it together." Changbin whined as Felix and Hyunjin entered back into the studio with the 8 drinks.

"I could just as easily drop this right on the floor you ungrateful little-"

"Hyun, stop that!" Chan seperated the 2 and Felix giggled at the argument.

"Sorry Binnie, it's my fault" Felix handed him an Americano with the puppy dog eyes.

Changbin coo'd at Felix and his expression softened immediately. "Aww it's ok Sunshine. I'm just grumpy without my coffee." He pinched Felix's cheek and Felix swatted his hand away before pouting. Hyunjin glared right at Changbin, he almost growled. 'Sunshine..?!' Chan swatted Hyunjin's leg to snap him out of it and smirked.

Hyunjin slipped between Changbin and Felix, handing Felix his hot chocolate which he gladly accepted and took a sip of, only realizing too late that it was still too hot to drink.

"Ow!" Felix groaned.

"Careful Lix, it's hot" Seungmin mocked him, Felix stuck his tongue out at Seungmin before handing the rest of the drinks to their respective owners.

Chan took Felix's drink and took off the lid, only to blow on it gently to cool it down.

"Thank you Channie-Hyung" Felix said in a cute voice. He grabbed a chair and pulled it up next to Chan to listen to the recording.

Minho finished up his section of the song shortly after and Chan called Hyunjin up for his turn. Felix rested his head on the palm of his hand. Unlike the rest of their songs, this one was more melodic, showcasing their more lyrical side.

"This has to he my favorite song of the bunch Channie Hyung." Felix sighed dreamily as he listened to the demo that would be playing in Hyunjin's ear while he sang his part. Chan smiled softly before giving Hyunjin the direction of the lyrics and where he wanted the melody to go.

Hyunjin recorded the first rough take of his lines, Chan nodded along but thought that there was something missing.

"Hyun, can you do that again? Not sure what it is but it's sounding a little thin, or a little flat. Try to give it some movement." Hyunjin gave Chan a thumbs up and sang the lines again, this time opening his vocal chords up a bit more to thicken up the sound.

"Hmm better... I don't know, I still feel like it's missing a bit of push. Why don't you take 5 and I can think over it and see how it needs to he tweaked some." Hyunjin took off the headset and exited the recording booth.

Hyunjin decided to grab some water from the dispenser in the corner. Once he finished he was slowly tearing the cup the water was in and looking down. He didn't want to say anything, but he had always been self-conscious about his singing. He was a dancer, and even though he could sing, he knew he was not at the level of Seungmin and I.N. Felix noticed the nervous habit and made his way over.

"Jinnie, want is it?" Felix came next to him and looked at him with concerned doe eyes. Hyunjin had to stop himself from getting lost in the youngers gaze.

"Nothing's wrong Bokkie, I'm ok" He reassured with a smiled.

"That wasn't the question." Felix raised his brow at him and took Hyunjin's hand, massaging it gently as a distraction. "You were messing with the cup, you only do that when you're nervous. So what is it?"

Hyunjin chuckled slightly. "How have you only known me for such a short time but know me so well hm?" A smile crept on Hyunjin's face.

Felix tightened the hold on the massage hand. "Stop trying to avoid answering, Hwang. Come on, it's me. You can trust me." Felix gave his puppy dog eyes and Hyunjin cursed under his breath.