The Beginnings

Hyunjin

"Hyunjin you have to try out for it! This could lead to your debut!" Minho told him as the duo went to the practice studio to work on a dance.

"Says you! You were a backup dancer for an actual Kpop group, one of the most popular at that! Maybe you should join!" He said sarcastically, although the statement planted an idea in Minho's head. He had never wanted to be an Idol but he loved dancing and performing.

As if Hyunjin could read his mind he added "also, don't think I haven't heard you singing when you thought I couldn't hear you. You got a good voice man, I think you have a real shot at this"

Minho felt a smile creep on his face at the thought. Don't get him wrong, Hyunjin had a point, and this was his chance to be more than just a backup dancer. He had a chance to be the thing that he looked up to.

"How about this? We both do it. Maybe nothing will come of it, maybe it will. But this could be our destiny man, maybe its worth trying." Hyunjin didn't have that much confidence in his ability. Truth is, his entire life he had only been a pretty face to the outside world. He had a lot of passions but nobody seemed to care. He naturally stood out and unfortunately he had been the center of attention one too many times when makig a mistake or learning that people underestimated him. That's why he was glad he had Minho. They bickered like crazy and half of the time he was scated of Minho and his menacing ways but Minho took his dancing at face value. He was detail oriented enough to help Hyunjin with his dancing and was not fazed by his looks so was definitely not afraid to call him out when he needed to fix something.

"You know what? Since you won't do it without me, fine I will try out too."

*fast forward to 1 week after auditions*

"Look we got letters... you don't think... ?" Minho said as he handed Hyunjin his respective letter.

They both opened it simultaneously and their eyes widened.

"I.. got in..." both said simultaneously. Usually they would have jinxed eachother and kept the game going for a disgustingly long time but neither were present enough to even go there.

"Well.... cool... I guess I'll see you there..." Minho said as he turned to walk out of the room. He couldn't help but let the smile sneak on his face. Hyunjin was no better but as soon as he door close he remembered.

"Wait... we were supposed to practice!" Hyunjin chuckled to himseld and stared at the letter. He auditioned to get Minho to do it but the letter made him genuinely happy..

Felix

"Mom.. dad... iwanttotryoutforthenewsurvivalshow." Felix purposefully rushed through the latter part of the sentence worried for his parent's reaction. Both of them raised their eyebrows at him.

"You want to what...? Honey, I don't know about that... it's in Korea.... you don't speak korean...." his parents were making valid points causing Felix's face to drop. 'Right, what was I even thinking'

"Right..." Felix crumpled up the paper and tossed it in the trash before melancholically making his way up to his room.

He wasn't really the same after that, he had always been a little sunshine that was so bright and happy, but lately he was more down. He didn't seem passionate and was in general more quiet. His parents grew somewhat concerned as it hadn't passed yet.

"What's going on sweety?" His parents finally broke during dinner.

"Nothing mom. You're right, it's not realistic. Not like I would get picked anyway. And it's super far away with a new language. I'm not even good enough to think any of that would be worth it, not at 16." He shrugged his shoulders but his face remained deeply disappointed.