The Interviews

Hyunjin POV

It was on the way back to the studio from the restaurant. I felt so bad for Felix, I can't imagine not being a car ride away from my parents. He was in a foreign country, with a foreign language, being criticised left and right, all fighting for a dream that might be taken away from him.

He is so strong for doing this. He is so strong and I can really admire him for that.

"What was that back there?" Minho snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I faced him. Did I miss something?

"You put your hand on his thigh and left it there" Minho raised his eyebrow at me.

"And.. what are you trying to say..?" I was taken aback by the accusation. I know that Minho tends to be blunt and that we are friends but I was annoyed at the assumption.

"Nothing man chill. You just are not a touchy person so I was surprised thats all." With his response I was just confused. I mean yeah I am not big on physical affection but why is it a big deal, I was just trying to comfort him.

"I mean hey I'm not made of ice. It's gotta be hard for him, I guess it was just an instict..?" I shrugged my shoulders. I honestly didn't even notice that I did that. He nodded his head in response, it got a tad awkward after that and we walked the rest of the way in silence.

Back at the studios. 3rd person POV

"Ok everyone, let all gather in our circle" everyone started to move to sit. The circle that once took up the whole room had gotten significantly smaller and the tension in the air was thick. They all knew that the people in this room right now recognized that they were so close to their dreams. The size of the group that would debut had not been announced so this could be the final group or it could be left to 4.

"Now the next rounds of performances will be at the end of next week. In a couple of days you will all be doing a round of mock interviews. As you all know, being an idol comes with promotions and interviews and you need to be able to represent the company in a positive way. The rest of today will be spent discussing the rules of idols and expectations that you will need to live up to." The coach instructed.

Felix's stomach churned at the thought. He had been able to improve in his Korean but he was still at the basics. All of the contenstants had been nice about it and had helped him out with saying things but he couldn't get by with that in interviews.

Chan noticed the look on Felix's face and made his way over.

"Hey don't stress about it ok. Let's meet up tonight after sessions end and we can work on Korean. He tried to give his most reasuring look but if he was being honest, he was really concerned. Felix was so talented and so strong, but he could only learn it so fast.

Chan signaled over to Minho, Jisung, and Hyunjin, and Changbin to join them. They all nodded and made their way over to Chan.

"I need your help. We need to get Felix ready for these interviews. Who is in for a Korean crash course tonight, my place?" He sternly looked at the others, not wanting any of them to back out.

"Definitely" Jisung was the first to speak up and gave Felix a wide smile which caused Felix's expression to soften.

"Count me in" Changbin followed up. He was pretty new to interacting with Felix but he developed a soft spot for the Australian and was completely whipped for his adorable mannerisms. Hyunjin looked surprised and somewhat upset with that?

"Of course, I'm here for you guys" Hyunjin was next, smiling caringly right at Felix, who was now starting to get teary eyed.

Minho just nodded, he didn't feel it was necessary to verbally confirm, he was not going to say no to that.