05.

Ψ 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐬 Ψ

𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟, she asked me "you wrote to me that you can use your stupid water magic! Now that you've been practicing be the stupid fish you are and make these bulls lights go out!"

She hit the bull back as I hit it next, and we tried getting it out of our sights.

Something new that has happened over the last year is the little...I would like to call friendship between Clarisse and me?

However, if I try and say those words, she scolds be both with her face and in writing so I can't really change anything about it.

Back to what I was saying, Clarisse and I since last year had been sending letters back and forth to one another. That's how she also knew of the reality about what happened with Luke and she promised to keep quiet, at least until her life mattered more.

She tries to avoid it since it's still a recent and very difficult subject to talk about. But I was updating her on my progress using my magic and what I've been able to do.

"Oh, come on Hayley! You got so mad a dragon almost killed camp last year! Try doing that now!" She spat at me.

I spat back at her "I need to be near water! And the only water around is the leftover rainwater from last night's fall. And it's not gonna make that dragon appear or do anything to help because half of the moisture is currently on fire!"

She groaned out "try something!" Her sword hit the bull again as she tried charging her shield at it.

I groaned and huffed out "fine!"

The Bull started charging again but before I can do anything I was shoved to the ground and my mouth was full of grass and I coughed out "what the hell!"

I saw Percy standing up holding up the stupid sword called Riptide, Damien explained it to me, it's the sword Percy now owns and it's apparently special.

Glaring at the kid Clarisse helped me up as I shouted at him "seriously!"

He shouted at me "it was gonna kill you!"

I shouted back, "I would've gotten it!"

Here we were, already fighting like siblings. Dammit.

My eyes made their way to Percy's little crush Annabeth shouting and giving orders and Clarisse stood at my side looking at me as I looked back at her.

"Go help some of the campers, I've got this." I told her, she ran off and I saw one of the bulls fighting with Percy and Riptide.

Suddenly another kid...with one eye? Oh god...what are they called? Cyclops?

Yeah, that's it.

That kid? Guy? He was taller than me and taller than maybe Luke-

God he was tall.

But my attention went back to Clarisse and the rest of the camps border patrol. One Colchis Bull over there and then the other at Percy.

You might think I would go and aid Percy since there are several kids against one and then just him with the other.

But he was 'The Son of Poseidon.'

He already had everything served on a platter to him.

Running over to aid Clarisse and the other campers, Clarisse tried to fight it off while the others were huddled more terrified than her.

That's when I thought...Poseidon he was the god of the sea. But thinking about my trips to the MET.

Those statues I saw of the Greek Gods...the blurbs.

The pictures began running and rolling in my head reading the plaques, those words...

In Greek.

Poseidon.

Earthshaker, Storm-bringer.

𝙀𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧...

I never did try or even think about if I could have powers from the Earth, Poseidon is always known for his sea powers and engaging with water.

Staring at my hands wondering if I could do something if I could just touch or tell the earth...tell the earth to react. Could it help?

Worth a long shot, right? I'm still unclaimed and unsure of myself with whatever I can do. Maybe this was a chance I should take.

And I would be one of the only ones...

I looked down at my hands staring at them and trying to think about the earth moving what do I do! How would I even control this without some guidance!

My focus was too much just looking down at my hands and trying to make something that perhaps wouldn't work, work because suddenly I heard "Hayley watch out!"

My head flicked up quickly as I saw the bull turn its direction, it spotted me, and I knew it was gunning for me to be its next 3rd degree burn victim.

The bull lit up in flames as it began charging at me with fire and steam leaving its nose, I stepped back feeling worried as ever but something...or someone.

In my ear...it was as if I could hear someone say...

'Trust yourself'

Getting in my own head worried me but I heard the voice again....

It kinda sounded like-

'Do it. NOW!'

I freaked out hearing the screaming in my ear that I quickly knelt putting my hand on the ground, but the result wasn't what I expected...

As I placed my hand on the floor what I thought would be trying my best to get any sort of water from the ground would be the case. Instead, the ground began shaking and rumbling as everyone was thrown off balance.

And so were the bulls.

But it seemed like I was the only one able to hold my balance and resist the urge to wobble. I looked at the bulls as the bulls began charging one more but this time, I realized...

I lifted both my hands and held them up as the lake water from Camp began coming towards us and I panted feeling my energy slowly depleting as I made it rain on the bull as its fire continually was put out.

"Clarisse!" I shouted while I panted feeling an exhaustion overcome me as I saw Clarisse run at the bull and shove a celestial bronze spear through its leg.

The world finally stopped shaking and the water returned to the lake. I panted and groaned kneeling on the ground as I swear...

I saw that cyclops kid.

He was engulfed in flames.

He held the bull.

The kid saved Percy.

And then...

I passed out.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Well it seems someone is talking to Hayley...

And was that earthshaking abilities we just saw there? Holy sh***

Yup, you heard that right, so much more will be discovered about Hayley and her new founded Demi-God side.

Oh, and that voice.

You may think it was Poseidon.

But it definitely wasn't...