40.

Ψ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐨 Ψ

𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤, I laughed at him and said, "you truly think that I'm scared of you?"

He simply shrugged and pulled his sword away looking at me up and down.

"I don't have any issues with you, but Percy..." he pointed his sword, and I grabbed his wrist as he grabbed my free arm.

"I want to duel Percy Jackson. You win, you shall leave, if you lose...I haven't made up my mind of what to do to you all."

But at that moment Sebastian laughed "you really are pathetic Luke, going after a kid while you know he's barely trained at camp? You're scared he might actually beat you. Just admit it Luke, you're scared."

I felt Luke's grip tighten on my wrist as I shoved him away, but Percy said, "I'm not scared of him."

My head turned to look at Percy as he looked back at me, "I'll be fine." He walked ahead.

Seeing Percy take the lead I backed away as I stood in between Annabeth and Sebastian.

"We duel and if I win you let us go." Percy stated again as Luke chuckled and muttered "as if that's gonna happen."

Luke was given a bronze shield and Percy stared at the backbiter as sword glistened in the light made by the celestial bronze. I smiled and held out my hand as what appeared beside Percy was a shield, made of water and it began to solidify into shape.

Percy looked at me and I gave him a small nod "don't want this duel to be unfair. Right Luke? Like you told me last year, think smarter."

Luke turned away and looked at Percy. And immediately lunged at Percy and I lunged myself forward, but Sebastian grabbed my arm. I pushed him away feeling a nervous pit build in my stomach.

Can't believe I was admitting that I had that big sister fear of him getting hurt, his blade slashed Percy's shirt open and I held my hands to my mouth as my breath quickened in its pace. Percy held the shield on his body and swung Riptide, but Luke had the advantage.

He aimed right for the shield as it shattered and broke up splashing on the ground making Percy slip, I groaned, and Luke knocked Riptide out of Percy's hand and kicked it away holding the sword to his neck.

"Seems that your big sister can't help you huh? You must know how to use what Poseidon offered and gave to you easily, it seems like she's really in control." Luke sneered at Percy.

I saw him trying not to appear defeated and tried his best to stay strong. And now, he was.

He jumped into the pool as the water splashed out and I looked below and looked over at Tyson. We all watched as Percy spun underneath the water creating a funnel of water at the deep end and he shot out straight at Luke knocking him down.

But Luke had been training for a long time, he knew how to get around easily in a fight and he collected himself quickly. Percy had time to grab Riptide and aim for Luke's shield and he was able to get Luke to fumble his grip.

Percy tossed the shield away, but I saw Luke slice Percy's leg, I gasped and held my mouth as I tried to run but Sebastian held me back.

Annabeth and Grover both were in shock staring at what happened, Percy wasn't getting up, he was too hurt by the one cut.

"He's gonna hurt him if I don't stop him!" I shouted and elbowed Sebastian in his chest and ran and grabbed Riptide from Percy as he held his leg, and I held Riptide up to Luke.