43.

Ψ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐌𝐞, 𝐀𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 Ψ

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡, seeing Hermes fly away. I should've killed him.

But I guess he told me truths that I hadn't been getting. I looked at the package and saw it was from Luke. I ripped it open and saw a tiny box and a letter. I lifted the lid of the box and saw-

"His...camp necklace..." I spoke the words and saw a note in the bottom of the box folded up.

It was in a white envelope and blue ink on the front that just said 'Luke'.

I carefully opened it up and took out the paper, there wasn't much but there was enough.

You told me before that you're bracelet was special to you. You're mom gave it to you for your 15th birthday. And so I realized that I needed to do something just as special. So take this as...a key to seeing me. When the time is right we can exchange our belongings. And hopefully...we can make it out. But may I ask why almost drown me and not Sebastian? Really? And I'm not jealous, I'm just protective. And that kid is not good at all. Just understand I made the choices I did for a reason and I especially didn't want to drag you down with me. There isn't an excuse for what I did but I hope that by giving you giving me your bracelet it meant you still had faith in me. And please...don't date Sebastian, please.

-Luke.

I smiled looking at the letter and put it back in the envelope as I looked at the necklace and shut my eyes holding it close to me.

"Thank you, Luke..."

I spoke and felt a tear fall down the corner of my left eye. Then I heard him...

I'm sorry Hayley...

***

The next morning came, and I had woken up, it was a new day, and I was happier. Or...slightly irritated by Hermes visit the previous night. I walked out and held his bracelet in my hand as I spotted Sebastian talking to Silena.

"How are you holding up?" He asked me and I smiled "very well. Nice to see you, Silena."

She gave me a smile, but I could tell it was fake...somehow...

Silena walked off and I looked at Sebastian, "what are you holding?" He asked shocked and I nodded.

"This? Oh it's just a camp necklace, I started making one." I lied and he nodded as I shoved the necklace into my back pocket.

"Oh cool, maybe next year we can make the third one together..." he smiled and I rolled my eyes.

As I looked over to my right, I had seen Percy walking with Annabeth, I excused myself from Sebastian and called out to him "hey! Percy...can we talk?"

I was finally going to explain everything, I need to right? We're in a good place where I had nothing to worry about and I could easily explain it all!

At least that's what I thought...

He seemed shocked and Annabeth looked at me a bit cautiously, Percy sighed and said, "now's not the best time."

Him and Annabeth hurried off and I watched them look back at me and I tightened my fists. Sebastian walked back over to me and looked at me clearly seeing the obvious disappointment in my face.

"You, okay?" My teeth clenched in and I slowly nodded.

"Nothing...I just...need to calm down, find Clarisse and cheer her on." He asked me "what about Percy?"