14.

Ψ 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 Ψ

𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬, thinking that maybe, so maybe there could be the smallest of chances to see Luke. However, it was like the 100th time I've attempted it and...nothing. When I offer food, drachmas, anything at all. Nothing.

Feeling defeated at this moment I told myself I won't give up just yet. I was walking back to the campfire after being deep in the woods trying the 100th time to get some sort of answer. I heard screaming, but not the fearful type but a chanting type.

Walking closer to the campfire I saw everyone sitting down "I will allow our champion to consult the Oracle! And choose two companions for the journey. And I think it's obvious who our champion is."

Tantalus finished speaking as Clarisse looked around, what journey? What the hell did I just walk into? I mean by the looks of Annabeth and Percy, it seemed serious.

"You shall lead this quest Clarisse, after all you are the victor and have proven yourself to this camp you are worthy for this journey." Tantalus announced as her cabin began chanting her name in unison to congratulate her.

I laughed and she told him "I accept the quest!"

She rose to her feet and saw me as I smiled at her till, we heard, "wait!"

Seeing Percy standing there I knew something else had to be going on.

"Grover is my friend; I had the dreams!" He argued. What did Grover have to do with any of this?

But as Ares' kids began ganging up on Percy complaining about how he just wanted the attention, victory, and honor or just to show off again Clarisse repeated "I daughter of Ares, accept this quest to save camp!"

Cheers from everyone in Ares cabin had occurred but Athena's cabin among the others weren't so pleased that it was Clarisse chosen to take on this quest. I still had no idea what it's for!

"Sit down everyone! You brats are annoying" Tantalus grumbled out as everyone did as they were told he was terrifying to be a monster.

"Once upon a time there was a mortal king who was beloved by the Gods! The King." He announced holding his hand to his chest trying to make this all about him of course.

He pretended to wipe tears from his face as he told us all "was even allowed to feast on Mount Olympus. But when he tried to take some ambrosia and nectar back to earth to figure out the recipe-just one little doggie bag, mind you-the gods punished him. They banned him from the halls forever!"

Knowing the Gods I could believe his words, but I was still just confused as to why tell us this story?

"His own people mocked him! His children scolded him! And, oh yes, campers, he had horrible children. Children-just-like-you." He aimed his creepy and gross finger towards a bunch of campers myself included.

Deciding to walk away from the conversation I began making my way back to the cabin as I played with my bracelet hearing "wait up!"

I looked over my shoulder seeing Aphrodite's son, Sebastian.

"You know you're not helping my case by following me everywhere." He smirked and bumped my shoulder. "Oh, you like me."

I laughed at him "I utterly despise you actually."

Sebastian huffed out "well, I didn't want to hear Tantalus go on with his sob story and besides. I apologize for talking badly about your traitor boyfriend."

My eyes closed from annoyance of his words, "was he not your boyfriend? I mean...you for sure gave him mouth to mouth that time last year."

I was about to punch him, but he grabbed my arm.

He grabbed my other hand before I could even move it "I will definitely not let you hurt this face that easily Perra."

I glared at him and hit my forehead with his as he groaned, backing away.

"No one calls me a bitch and especially not in Spanish." I glared at him as he held his nose, barely dented it, I probably had a dent in my head from him!

Holding my forehead in my hand he asked me "so what? You're gonna run off to the lake to heal up your wounds?"

Sebastian while he wasn't like Luke, he was different and as of right now it was in a bad way. Hoping to snap out of my state soon enough I just kept walking, but he grabbed my arm and spun me his way and grabbed my hand to look at my forehead and smiled.

"See, no dent at all." He pointed out.

"You still called me a bitch." I retorted.

With his smile he held my chin, and I told him, "I don't like guys who curse at me in another language. And especially not in the language I know well."

He leaned closer and was in my ear "si realmente extrañas tanto a Luke..."

Asking me whether I truly missed Luke, he stroked my hair as I looked at him and asked, "why would you care?"

Sebastian gave me a smile, "I grew up with a father who thought the world of my mother...he could never see another woman as beautiful as her. She was it for him...and when he found out who she really was, he didn't care. He didn't care if she had other children. He cared that she loved me and cared for him. Even if she couldn't always be there."

I stared at him while he continued, "and because I grew up with my dad, he made sure I knew Spanish, even though I know all the love languages known to man because of my mom. And while yes, I may have cursed at you..."

I felt the back of his hand on my cheek and smirked "Supongo que disfruto jugando contigo."

Hearing his words...it was like...he liked to mess with me.

Stop it.

I heard that voice in my head.

Snap out of it.

I heard again.

Staring at Sebastian he smirked, and I felt his hand hold one side of my face.

Don't do this...please.

Begging. That's what this was. And I suppose messing with me.

I shook my head and pushed Sebastian away.

"Using your charm won't work so easily as it does with other girls. I know machismo men like you. I could even say Poseidon is like that." I hissed out.

As I was walking away, I heard Sebastian yell, "he's a traitor, do you really think a guy like Luke deserves any sort of sympathy?"

I paused for a second thinking of his words; did he really want to get me to that point of anger? Turning back to face him I marched up to him.

"You know nothing about him. Don't you dare say anything about him. Ever." I warned him but he just smiled.

"It's cute to get under your skin." He admitted to me, I thought the guy was insane. More like he should be the son of Hades or something.

And yet later he would prove he was truly Aphrodite's son.

With that I just continued walking back to Hermes cabin trying to get my mind off what the hell just happened.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Things are heating up between Sebastian and Hayley.

Hayley is not gonna be so easily swayed by the son of the most beautiful Goddesses but even then...Aphrodite would say that the perfect fit won't always be "perfect".