Chap.44

I stretched in bed, trying to wake myself up then relaxing into the duvet and sheets. I realized Troye was already up but I didn't feel like tracking him right now. Besides if he needs me, he can come in here.

I reached for my phone and started listening to a book on audible while scrolling through tumblr, focused on my little world at the moment. I was almost scared when I saw the door fly open out of the corner of my eye.

" Oh hi." I said, relieved.

" Hi birthday boy." Troye said carrying in a tray, placing it on my lap as he sat beside me.

" Oh,Troye, you shouldn't have. This is too much. I could've just spent the day with you and it would've been fine." I said at awe of the layout on the tray.

" Nonsense. I had help from Nicola." He said.

" Did Nicola make the waffles?" I asked, kinda rushed.

" How'd you know?" He laughed.

" She makes the best waffles. Thank you, Troye." I said to him, reaching over and giving him a peck on the cheek.

" Your welcome." He said, kissing my temple.

I ate my breakfast which contained waffles, coffee, and feta and avocado toast. I got up and changed into polo shirt covered up by a black sweater and some old jeans and headed downstairs where i was greeted with ' happy birthdays' and hugs. I put my tray in the sink and ran back upstairs with Nicola falling close behind me.

" Connor, why have you been wearing long sleeves?" Nicola asked when we arrived in my room.

" Fashion statement." I said, rather quickly.

" Let me look at it." She said, coming closer.

She looked at the shoulders then lingered down my arms, rubbing her hands on the soft material. She circled her fingers around the cuffs of the sleeves them jerked it up, revealing my scars.

" Why?" She whimpered.

" I don't know." I said, my voice cracking, my eyes filling with tears.

She hugged me and rubbed circles into my back.

" I'm not going to tell. If you want to tell them, you can, but like when I said when you first came out to me, you don't have to." She said.

" O-ok. Where's Troye?" I asked, wiping the tears from my face.

" Oh, he uh left with mom. She needed help with going to get the new couch for the living room and you know dad has a bad back and Dustin is studying and Brandon is busy hanging out with an old friend. Brandons coming back home at 2 so he'll be here for your birthday dinner." Nicola rambled.

Nicola only rambles when she's hiding something or she's nervous so Troye is somewhere that I don't know and I know she won't cave.

" Ok.." I said sullenly.

" They should be back soon." She cooed.

I laid back on the bed and looked at the time. 11:49. Where is he? Its like he's ditching me, on my birthday.

Calm down Connor.

He's just helping your mom.

Nicola wouldn't lie to me.. would she?

If she did, It'd be for a good reason.

I decided to go downstairs for a glass of water, but Nicole blocked the door frame.

" Where you going?" She asked, a worried look on her face.

" Im going downstairs. What does it matter?" I asked, trying to shove her out of the way but she pressed her body into the door even more.

" I'll get it. You shouldn't have to do anything today. Just stay here." She said, sliding through a crack in the door.

What is wrong with her? She never acts like this. I went to go downstairs and the door was jammed. She locked me in here on my birthday. I'm starting with Troye leaving and Nicola doing this, they don't even care.

I flopped back on the bed because it was no use in getting out except breaking the door down but my parents would kill me, if I didn't kill myself in the process.

She soon came back, still through a tiny crack, holding a small glass of water.

" You locked me in here?!" I exclaimed.

" I got your water." She said, changing the subject.

" Whatever, I'm going downstairs." I sighed.

I walked out the door until I reached the staircase which had flower petals of assorted colors going down them and binding around the corner. I walked down the staircase, confused at what was going on, and made my way to the garden outside, filled with my father's award winning roses. I was disappointed when I didn't see Troye, standing there, waiting on me,looking beautiful as the light his jawline as he smelled a rose.

I sat down at the patio deck, looking over to see a card propped up by the side of the house with a red ribbon tied around it.

To Connor

It was so beautifully painted on the front of the envelope, I lingered in reading it before ripping it to see the hand-written letter.

' My dearest Connor,

If I know you well enough, You are probably upset or mad or both at how I have had a lack of appearance in your birthday so far, but I'm getting things ready for tonight, I swear. I have a surprise for you at 6 so be ready.

For now, I will list some of the reasons why you have captured my attention above all others.

I love your little scar on your forehead as much as you love my birthmark. I want to just kiss it all the time, but you'd find that annoying while working.

Your laugh makes me explode and kinda've want to punch in the face because your so cute when your face gets red from laughing too hard.

Your eyes were the first thing I noticed about you. It was at playlist and we had watched each other's videos so we decided to meet. We went to your room and talked till you needed to go to bed. I turned around to get my phone off the bed and you were in face and I just starred into your eyes with a little startle and shock while I saw the corners of your mouth rise without looking down at them. I backed up, grabbed my phone, and left. I replayed that moment over and over again in my head, wanting our lips to connect. I beat myself up the whole way back to my room for having a school boy crush on a straight guy.

I love it when your hair is a mess and you have a sexy morning voice. It just makes me want to give you a thousand kisses and lucky for me, I see it every morning.

I like when you say my name because it doesn't feel like my name when you say it. I love it when you mock me and I love it when you talk in general because i love your voice. I love that a god like you just pays attention to me.

I love your voice when you get passionate about things. It just changes making my heart burst. It rambles and goes up a bit and you run out of breathe just talking about it.

I love that you love me because it would kill me just being your friend even though thats a cool gig too.

There are so many more, but I'm getting cheesy and cliche. I love you till and after the world ends.

Yours truly,

Troye.'

I wiped the tears from my face and gripped the letter tightly. I walked into the house with the biggest smile on my face and ran upstairs. Nicola saw me and smiled as she walked back into her room.

I laid down on the bed, arms arms crossed, still gripping the letter as i looked up at the ceiling and just smiled. This is my life and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Now. What to wear?